Sunday 27th January

Dave C

• 2023 Subscriptions

What about this route, heading in a different direction from what we normally do?

Elderslie, Braes, Barrhead, Newton Mearns, Eaglesham, Fenwick, Stewarton (coffee stop about 25 miles in), Neilston, Barrhead, Paisley, Elderslie.

From clubrooms to clubrooms should be about 45 miles if we stick to the route, but can be flexible.

https://www.strava.com/routes/16919241

• Life Members

It all started with 7 heading out of Miller Street, but by the time we got to the top of the Braes, only 5 left :-0

So, Andrew, David, Mark, Martin & myself carried on with David's original posted route, only for his Garmin to totally failed & end up we just kind of making it up as we went along. We had to be very mindful of the ice on a lot of the back roads that we were going through, well at least it was quiet :-)

Cafe stop in Stewarton - Mill House & Mark departed to head home afterwards while the 4 of us went searching for more headwind! By the way, tail wind is over hyped & so last year :-)

No mechanical to speak of as we all maintain our bikes properly in this group :-)

Made it home with my legs just about intact, just polished off a plate of Fish & Chips, oven baked of course, none of that fry stuff, I am an athlete after all! :-)

Looking forward to the 1st Reliability next Sunday & thanks for the wheels & company today folks!

Cheers

Chung

• 2023 Subscriptions

Curse of the manflu struck early, with my HR rocketing for the level of effort I was putting in. Took the decision to turn off on the climb and head for home. And yes, icy bits on the roads. Unpleasant.