Don Smith Memorial Ride 2019 is now live

PaulL

• 2023 Subscriptions

A good day out for all, a broad range of abilities with routes (and amendments) to suit how people felt on the day....lots of smiles, the way it should be!

Nice for everyone to have Brian Smith along to see us off following words of welcome from El Pres Martin.

Thanks to all our helpers...and apart from being a bit windy the weather conditions were not bad for early March.

• 2023 Subscriptions
2 hours ago, thejanullrichdietplan said:

Thanks and well done to the organisers and all those who rode it too.

A bit gutted i wasnt feeling up to it, a side tailwind smashfest up the coast with some strava KOMs...i feel like ive missed out big time!

I jumped on to Strava to see if the 2019 Don Smith had taken Katie's and my KoM / QoM on the Lugton to Kilwinning segment. Whew. You guys need to start pushing your pedals a bit earlier next year. And can't believe we haven't a Jet could put Richie Provan to the sword. He's collecting some impressive KoM's - all that Spanish training with Billy...

Capture.PNG

• 2023 Subscriptions
7 hours ago, Ian Archibald said:

I jumped on to Strava to see if the 2019 Don Smith had taken Katie's and my KoM / QoM on the Lugton to Kilwinning segment. Whew. You guys need to start pushing your pedals a bit earlier next year. And can't believe we haven't a Jet could put Richie Provan to the sword. He's collecting some impressive KoM's - all that Spanish training with Billy...

Capture.PNG

Going by the power output, all the work was being done by Charlie & Alex. Those Archibalds are a bunch of wheelsuckers. :smash

• Life Members

Another smashing day on the bike & great organisation by the our team of volunteers - thank you all!

Have always enjoyed this yearly event, yesterday was no exception - we even had cycling royalty Brian Smith on part of the ride, brilliant!

Also, was great to see a good turn out from our neighbouring club - Paisley Velo :-)

Cheers

Chung