Endless film and TV bike criticism thread

Alan McLean

• Committee

I'll start. Further to conversations today in BB I am sorry to say that American Flyers is not available on netflix or Amazon, what now? I have not seen it.

In other news I am delighted that Breaking Away has made a resurgence in the Bunch with much Italiano in evidence. Go watch now.

I see that Amazon have an entire series following the Orica-Scott chef, Hannah Grant in the TdF so will check that out and report back.

Any other recommendations?

• 2024 Subscriptions

I was quite fond of the Greatest Climbs show on the now defunct cycling channel. Two Italian ex-pros (Salvodelli sp? + some lesser know guy). Dubbed from Italian with great lines like “Paulo your heart rate is so high” “Massimo you have good power”. Worth checking out for 2 mins. 

• 2023 Subscriptions
26 minutes ago, Darryl Gunson said:

I was quite fond of the Greatest Climbs show on the now defunct cycling channel. Two Italian ex-pros (Salvodelli sp? + some lesser know guy). Dubbed from Italian with great lines like “Paulo your heart rate is so high” “Massimo you have good power”. Worth checking out for 2 mins. 

Ah yes! “I am liking your Colnago C60. Is this better than the C59?”

”Si”

”what was your favourite bike as a pro?”

”Colnago”

• 2023 Subscriptions

American Flyers is the greatest movie ever made! 

2 seconds another classic, this ones for you Chung lots of bikey mechanicy talk(but might be a bit Artsey for you West of Scotland folks) 

Not one for the Vegans, 6 part documentary Slaying the Badger but what a story(although Lemond is full of ****)

and lastly probably the most realistic cycling movie ever!