Sunday 27th January

I arrived a 09.31 to see main bunch depart up Miller Street. Advised the remaining Joansin of erratic heavy breathing behind me on the track. We departed quickly thereafter. Nice we run over to Stewarton on pretty icy roads at times. Cross winds made for interesting handling. 20mph up hill on the way home at one point......bonkers. All told a reasonable morning out. 

• 2023 Subscriptions

Ginty

when r u going to learn that the BBC always get it wrong. Was breezy but turned out to be a cracking day. John Clark got 2 punctures on Fairlie Moor hill climb and for first puncture he gave a master class on how not to change a tube. Gutsy performance from Greg I hate hills Balden.George we did give you grace and rolled out after 9.32. 30 milers where still there when we left. Sorry to hear about your mishaps today. Always next week 

• 2023 Subscriptions
1 hour ago, charlie p said:

Ginty

when r u going to learn that the BBC always get it wrong. Was breezy but turned out to be a cracking day. John Clark got 2 punctures on Fairlie Moor hill climb and for first puncture he gave a master class on how not to change a tube. Gutsy performance from Greg I hate hills Balden.George we did give you grace and rolled out after 9.32. 30 milers where still there when we left. Sorry to hear about your mishaps today. Always next week 

Dead to me.

• 2023 Subscriptions

What a day....

Indeed a cracker, but that wind and my LACK of fitness made for a torrid time. 

Thanks to all the chaps for the pacing up the Brisbane Glen, and ultimately waiting at the summits!! 

Can't believe Kinky boots Donnelly missed the roll out to his own ride! 3 week ban on posting rides!

...have I mentioned I hate hills and Ayrshire roads? Busy few weekends ahead for me unfortunately.... transmitter hill next week anyone? 

• Members

Tough windy day but got a little glow of satisfaction now that I’m sitting in front of the fire with a beer.

Thanks to Charlie, with his vast experinace in mechanicals (and impatience) took over to change my tube tout suite.  Only to nip the new tube so end up with 2 punctures but the bunch had already disappeared up the road before I’d set off.  

Cut to me with a 2nd puncture doing a Fromey’ running up Fairly Moor as they disappeared over the hill.  I was actually running and pushing the bike faster than we had been cycling it!  And then you couldn’t make it up as one of Charlie’s ‘customers’ drove by and said “do you know Charlie McCusker he’s a Johnstone Wheeler?” and then kindly sped off to flag him down.  McC turned back and gave me a 2nd tube, which again he speedly swapped, to perfection, saved the day and all was ok with the World.

The thing I took from this is what I love about the bunch.  When things aren’t going well and you are in the proverbial it’s good to know that there are people there that you can fall back on to dig you out of it when needed.  Cheers lads.

• 2023 Subscriptions

Was a bit dubious about heading out in the wind but then it's direction reminded me of a segment I could have a bash at attempting to claim so rode up the bottom of Auchenlodment before we met at Club Rooms.  This wee effort paid off with a KoM (sorry Gary K! :-P ).  

Fairlie windy ride, but that wind was bitingly cold at times...  glad I had the hand & foot warmers on!!  Wasn't a fan of the ice in a few places!  Met the wife, sis in law and dog in Largs.  Nutters out in the cold lol!! 

Well done on the hills, that was over 1500m of climbing for a January run...  kudos!!

• 2023 Subscriptions
4 hours ago, charlie p said:

Ginty

Ano Charlie, but my bed was so toasty and I had a wee bit of a hangover and the BBC weather forecast was all the encouragement I needed ... I obviously totally regretted it 2 hours later :oops: