Sunday 20th January

• 2023 Subscriptions

Getting closer to Flanders so thinking we should be upping the mileage a bit. (Says me who has been AWOL since August)

Anyway, I’m back now so everyone rides for 2nd place!

If I can find my bike, hows about lumpy Largs?

From memory, the route is Old Greenock Road from club rooms, coming out halfway up clune then over the wall & down Whinn. Up over Loch Thom. Refuel in Bagel Basket (other cafes are available) then back via Fairlie Moor and Dalry. Can extend or bail out, as required.

George,

I should be OK for this - possibly the best route to the Greenock Road is Howwood and then up by the Clochoderick Stone onto the Kilmacolm Road, was this what you had planned?

Iain - I might be able to do both days so will see if anything is posted for Saturday.

• 2023 Subscriptions
50 minutes ago, DavieB said:

George,

I should be OK for this - possibly the best route to the Greenock Road is Howwood and then up by the Clochoderick Stone onto the Kilmacolm Road, was this what you had planned?

Iain - I might be able to do both days so will see if anything is posted for Saturday.

I was just going to head through Houston but that’s fine by me.

I can manage a few hours on Saturday but would have to be home by 12:30pm. Could meet early?

A lumpy Largs is probably a hill too far for me at the moment and I don't fancy the long slog home a broken man just yet. I'll either do something on Saturday (Friday evening libations dependent) or think of something more modest for Sunday. 50-60 miles but with less altitude 

• 2023 Subscriptions
1 hour ago, Mark O said:

A lumpy Largs is probably a hill too far for me at the moment and I don't fancy the long slog home a broken man just yet. I'll either do something on Saturday (Friday evening libations dependent) or think of something more modest for Sunday. 50-60 miles but with less altitude 

have you forgotten Rule 5? There’s also a good train service from Largs....

Alan not original poster but it is a main bunch not a training run and bunch rules apply and I wouldn't wish a solo coast run on anybody. If push comes to shove you could always rejoin the coast at some point i.e off the whin. Up to you but faster and longer is a relative term and should not be co-opted to exclude people especially not people who have been part of main bunch previously and maybe coming back to a bit of fitness,  or actually ride a winter bike as opposed to full carbon with kid on mudguards.

Let the moaning commence.

• 2023 Subscriptions
2 hours ago, DavieB said:

Alan not original poster but it is a main bunch not a training run and bunch rules apply and I wouldn't wish a solo coast run on anybody. If push comes to shove you could always rejoin the coast at some point i.e off the whin. Up to you but faster and longer is a relative term and should not be co-opted to exclude people especially not people who have been part of main bunch previously and maybe coming back to a bit of fitness,  or actually ride a winter bike as opposed to full carbon with kid on mudguards.

Let the moaning commence.

Well said DavieB. 

I may come out. Be nice to meet the new boy George

• 2023 Subscriptions

I have just fitted brand new kid on muddies to my carbon faux winter bike. They are only 206 grams & wind tunnel tests show they are worth 3.2 watts against standard muddies. Hope to have applied ceramic wax to my chain by Sunday too.

Anyway, it IS a club run so no-one gets left behind although it is a faster/longer bunch ride so no dawdling. It’s too cold to fanny about.

We may all have to go coastal if it is icy.

• Members
41 minutes ago, Iain67 said:

looks looks I have a pass out Sat and Sun. John/Davie/George, thinking a 30-40 miler tomorrow round Renfrewshire. John 09:30 Bishy and PM me if up for up.

Alan don't worry about Sunday, I'll keep you company mate.....

Iain, see you at the Bishy co-op at 09:30.

• Members
20 minutes ago, George said:

Yes. Can’t make it to Bishy for 09:30. Meeting Billy to do hill repeats around Langban-Kilmalcolm way so might bump into you.

What time are you heading out George as I may stay out if it's later and join you as I could do with getting some extra miles and climbing?