Sunday 13th Jan - Rowerdennan

• Members

I know Ian Couttie posted this run last year but we never got round to do it. 

Erskine Bridge 09:45-10:00, Alexandria- Croftamie-Drymen-Balmaha-Rowerdennan then cafe stop in Balmah on way back. Approximately 60 miles from Bridge and a change of scenery.  Chucking it out there.........  

• 2023 Subscriptions
1 hour ago, Iain67 said:

think the forecast is dry for Sunday with 10-12mph winds from the west, so tail wind on way home

Met Office showing 40mph gusts around lunchtime, v windy day.  Will see how it pans out rest of the week, canny trust the weather at the moment lol

• 2023 Subscriptions
23 hours ago, charlie p said:

Guys

too much moaning. I will be at club rooms for 9.30 am depart. Will probably arrive at Erskine bridge just before 10.00 and can pick up slackers. As long as u don’t have deep set rims u will be fine. 11 degrees is positively tropical

My forefathers fought for my right to moan. they also fought for my right to lie in my kip. Enjoy.

• 2023 Subscriptions

Wow..  I am gubbed!  :lol:

I was a little unsure of heading out in that wind, but glad I pressed on and got out there.  Thought we all worked really well together into the wind, which was proper tough at points...  then of course en route back from Balmaha the expected tailwind wasn't even half as strong as expected, and provided little benefit.  Mention for Mr Carvill who wasn't feeling great on the way back but pressed on and applied #Rule5 appropriately :grin:

I ended up coming off cornering on a drain cover at the end of my street 30secs from my house ffs Stoooopid! but no damage other than a slightly bent bar which I straightened again.  

Overall a great but tiring trip.  I do fancy that again in the summer all the way to Rowardennan :)