Regular bogs bunch tomorrow 10am

P McDonald

After a week off the bike here I was turning up for the usual renfrew bunch. Before Largs burnt some matches and chipped of the front in the head wind and stayed away...it seems bunch didn't have appetite to chase and let me go. After a quick break in largs we set off to do a slightly different route (I thought!), or radical as Paul described it...the last stretch towards Barrhead/Paisley (I think) was intresting with 6 of us left out of a good size bunch, but at that point I was running out of fuel and decided I had enough. Had no clue where I was but luckily we caught Jan on that stretch that joined me and gave me some direction :).

Found my way...75 miles on the clock...good ride but a bit too long for me. I'm more of a 45-50 miles with a punch 8-).

• 2023 Subscriptions

Well that was hard. Thanks to scotrail I missed the Bunch making it to the bogs at 1005. I decided to chase in the vain hope that a mechanical or the traffic light gods might smile upon my forsaken soul. Hope blossomed at the Red Swinney as I could see the unmistakable sign of car queues and flashing red lights. However by the time I made westferry there was not a sign at all. I continued to pray to the traffic light gods but the only signs they gave me were reds through the port and Greenock. So up through Spango Valley. It is indeed a dark place but shaves nearly 3k off the 56k to Largs. I made largs just ahead of Bunch which gave me a few extra minutes recovery time before joining the bunch properly. The bypass was hard and I knew by the time I reached Kilwinning I was living on borrowed time. I sat hopefully on Gregg’s wheel and momentarily was inspired by Dr Alan getting back on the Bunch. However once Gregg started to move to the front at the saltworks I was gone. Lights out. Nice company back to Beith with Paul and Alan before heading back into the wind. I was never so happy to be home! Good work out. 

• 2023 Subscriptions

Was very glad to get out today after numbing the man throat with paracetamol and ibuprofen!

A real solid run until we got to the dreaded Kilwinning drag. Got dropped just before the left turn which was agonisingly near the top, an oft repeated tale the past few years. However it meant a very pleasant run back with Andy and Alan.

Galeb - this is the standard route for the bogs bunch after new year, sorry I got pumped and could not give you directions. My 'radical' suggestion was to go up round the by pass at Ardrossan roundabout as opposed to trawling through the 3 towns, Ardrossan, Saltcoats and Stevenston. I think that worked well in the sense that cars have the extra lane to pass you and it saves a lot of traffic lights.

:banana