Sat 29th Fenfrew Bunch

P McDonald

• 2023 Subscriptions

Great to see so many JWCC for different parts of the run today. Darryl, Galeb, James, Andy and Alan were all present at sections on the route. We had singled up through Wemyss Bay due to line of traffic, I rolled through and suddenly me Andy and Alan were way off the front. Andy and Alan were up for putting the hammer down, I was a bit more conservative thinking we might not want to poke the bears behind. However the bears were indeed poked, Gregg and Richie came flying past a km later and all hell let loose for the first balls out habble from Wemyss Bay to Largs of the winter. A similar performance on the W Kilbride - Ardrossan road in the cross tail wind. My day finished with a very civilised ride and chat with Doc Alan from Beith to Lochwinnoch.

:banana

• 2023 Subscriptions
3 hours ago, P McDonald said:

Great to see so many JWCC for different parts of the run today. Darryl, Galeb, James, Andy and Alan were all present at sections on the route. We had singled up through Wemyss Bay due to line of traffic, I rolled through and suddenly me Andy and Alan were way off the front. Andy and Alan were up for putting the hammer down, I was a bit more conservative thinking we might not want to poke the bears behind. However the bears were indeed poked, Gregg and Richie came flying past a km later and all hell let loose for the first balls out habble from Wemyss Bay to Largs of the winter. A similar performance on the W Kilbride - Ardrossan road in the cross tail wind. My day finished with a very civilised ride and chat with Doc Alan from Beith to Lochwinnoch.

:banana

Yes I think the quote “all hell let loose” fully captured the experience between Weymss Bay and Ardrossan roundabout. Regularly 50kph plus. I chased Richie and Gregg down on two occasions during which I’m sure I was hallucinating the Care Bears. ‘Twas good fun and felt like a very thorough smashing. Looking forward to the post Christmas auchintiber lochlibo Road route starting next week. Not. 

Andy