Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
charlie p

Renfra bunch sat 8/12

Recommended Posts

Very unusual bogs bunch for me today - had stomach pains on run in to Largs, so much so that I did not even challenge Archibald when he went for the sprint and frankly I'd rather die first !!!!

Thought - ok 10 mins rest at bogs and be fine. Nope, riding out of Largs almost had to stop with a stitch type pain. Saw Billy heading up the healy and joined him. Struggled to hold his wheel but he was very generous with his banter which basically kept me going to Kilbirnie and then made it home (and that is a genuine thanks to Billy by the way George, hard to believe I know)

Hope the Ultras didn't get too utterly drenched on way home!

:banana

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, P McDonald said:

Very unusual bogs bunch for me today - had stomach pains on run in to Largs, so much so that I did not even challenge Archibald when he went for the sprint and frankly I'd rather die first !!!!

Thought - ok 10 mins rest at bogs and be fine. Nope, riding out of Largs almost had to stop with a stitch type pain. Saw Billy heading up the healy and joined him. Struggled to hold his wheel but he was very generous with his banter which basically kept me going to Kilbirnie and then made it home (and that is a genuine thanks to Billy by the way George, hard to believe I know)

Hope the Ultras didn't get too utterly drenched on way home!

:banana

 

 

Hope you’re feeling ok. Was wondering whether Billy had seen our bikes at B.B. We had a nice stop before doing the full coast....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very smooth chain gang. Tidy too. Only one honk from a car all day. They must have thought we were pros.

Nevertheless it was sad to see Paul lie down for the 30mph Largs sprint. Seeing the photo of him in the Tour of Flanders thread with Graeme Herd and Drew Smith last century I guess after all these years he is finally losing it. Needed that push Paul btw. 

Thanks guys. Almost enjoyed it.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Chipped off the front before Largs bunch left me hanging there with no joiners so soft peddled until caught which was just before the sprint where Alan launched. Need to find out where the sprint line is :uzi

Back home with the reduced bunch - got home soaked!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Darryl Gunson said:

Hope you’re feeling ok. Was wondering whether Billy had seen our bikes at B.B. We had a nice stop before doing the full coast....

Hi Darly

Saw the bikes but was knackered think the food poisoning/ Vommiting bug was still having an effect so just cruised home , thought I might have beaten the rain but no, it was nice to have a chat with PMcD though 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tough today. Wore my fancy new goretex top.Noticed I was only one wearing a waterproof probably cos it causes u to overheat. Any way at Largs carried on route with Andy G & Iain McTavish. Met remains of bunch on West  Kilbride Dalry road. Rapid run in to Dalry then got spat out on hill in to kilbirnie. Got track to lochwinnoch and heavens opened which was great as my waterproof top came in to its own. Stopped at castle Semple for a coke and coffee then back home. On plus side goretex top is totally waterproof but not good for a bunch run when your heart rate is hitting 173

paul hope u feeling better

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, charlie p said:

Tough today. Wore my fancy new goretex top.Noticed I was only one wearing a waterproof probably cos it causes u to overheat. Any way at Largs carried on route with Andy G & Iain McTavish. Met remains of bunch on West  Kilbride Dalry road. Rapid run in to Dalry then got spat out on hill in to kilbirnie. Got track to lochwinnoch and heavens opened which was great as my waterproof top came in to its own. Stopped at castle Semple for a coke and coffee then back home. On plus side goretex top is totally waterproof but not good for a bunch run when your heart rate is hitting 173

paul hope u feeling better

 

Got totally dissed by Charlie on cycle path between Howood and Lochwinnoch as I went by and saluted himnin military style. I didn’t take it personally because he looked a bit ... how do I say ..... fatigued. Felt your pain Charlie! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, charlie p said:

Tough today. Wore my fancy new goretex top.Noticed I was only one wearing a waterproof probably cos it causes u to overheat. Any way at Largs carried on route with Andy G & Iain McTavish. Met remains of bunch on West  Kilbride Dalry road. Rapid run in to Dalry then got spat out on hill in to kilbirnie. Got track to lochwinnoch and heavens opened which was great as my waterproof top came in to its own. Stopped at castle Semple for a coke and coffee then back home. On plus side goretex top is totally waterproof but not good for a bunch run when your heart rate is hitting 173

paul hope u feeling better

 

Richie said let's go steady so to keep Charlie's cagoule / windbreak with us. Then he bombed up the hill to Kilbirnie. Cagoule got the last laugh though eh? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×