Renfra bunch sat 8/12

charlie p

• 2023 Subscriptions

Very unusual bogs bunch for me today - had stomach pains on run in to Largs, so much so that I did not even challenge Archibald when he went for the sprint and frankly I'd rather die first !!!!

Thought - ok 10 mins rest at bogs and be fine. Nope, riding out of Largs almost had to stop with a stitch type pain. Saw Billy heading up the healy and joined him. Struggled to hold his wheel but he was very generous with his banter which basically kept me going to Kilbirnie and then made it home (and that is a genuine thanks to Billy by the way George, hard to believe I know)

Hope the Ultras didn't get too utterly drenched on way home!

:banana

• 2024 Subscriptions
31 minutes ago, P McDonald said:

Very unusual bogs bunch for me today - had stomach pains on run in to Largs, so much so that I did not even challenge Archibald when he went for the sprint and frankly I'd rather die first !!!!

Thought - ok 10 mins rest at bogs and be fine. Nope, riding out of Largs almost had to stop with a stitch type pain. Saw Billy heading up the healy and joined him. Struggled to hold his wheel but he was very generous with his banter which basically kept me going to Kilbirnie and then made it home (and that is a genuine thanks to Billy by the way George, hard to believe I know)

Hope the Ultras didn't get too utterly drenched on way home!

:banana

Hope you’re feeling ok. Was wondering whether Billy had seen our bikes at B.B. We had a nice stop before doing the full coast....

• 2023 Subscriptions

Very smooth chain gang. Tidy too. Only one honk from a car all day. They must have thought we were pros.

Nevertheless it was sad to see Paul lie down for the 30mph Largs sprint. Seeing the photo of him in the Tour of Flanders thread with Graeme Herd and Drew Smith last century I guess after all these years he is finally losing it. Needed that push Paul btw. 

Thanks guys. Almost enjoyed it.. 

• 2023 Subscriptions
3 hours ago, Darryl Gunson said:

Hope you’re feeling ok. Was wondering whether Billy had seen our bikes at B.B. We had a nice stop before doing the full coast....

Hi Darly

Saw the bikes but was knackered think the food poisoning/ Vommiting bug was still having an effect so just cruised home , thought I might have beaten the rain but no, it was nice to have a chat with PMcD though 

• 2023 Subscriptions

Tough today. Wore my fancy new goretex top.Noticed I was only one wearing a waterproof probably cos it causes u to overheat. Any way at Largs carried on route with Andy G & Iain McTavish. Met remains of bunch on West  Kilbride Dalry road. Rapid run in to Dalry then got spat out on hill in to kilbirnie. Got track to lochwinnoch and heavens opened which was great as my waterproof top came in to its own. Stopped at castle Semple for a coke and coffee then back home. On plus side goretex top is totally waterproof but not good for a bunch run when your heart rate is hitting 173

paul hope u feeling better

• 2023 Subscriptions
4 hours ago, charlie p said:

Tough today. Wore my fancy new goretex top.Noticed I was only one wearing a waterproof probably cos it causes u to overheat. Any way at Largs carried on route with Andy G & Iain McTavish. Met remains of bunch on West  Kilbride Dalry road. Rapid run in to Dalry then got spat out on hill in to kilbirnie. Got track to lochwinnoch and heavens opened which was great as my waterproof top came in to its own. Stopped at castle Semple for a coke and coffee then back home. On plus side goretex top is totally waterproof but not good for a bunch run when your heart rate is hitting 173

Got totally dissed by Charlie on cycle path between Howood and Lochwinnoch as I went by and saluted himnin military style. I didn’t take it personally because he looked a bit ... how do I say ..... fatigued. Felt your pain Charlie! 

• 2023 Subscriptions
21 hours ago, charlie p said:

Richie said let's go steady so to keep Charlie's cagoule / windbreak with us. Then he bombed up the hill to Kilbirnie. Cagoule got the last laugh though eh? 

• 2023 Subscriptions

Small group today only 7 which turned to 5 after Inverkip so single line pace line from there - very smooth and disciplined. Ended up getting totally soaked so decided to cut short a bit and go over the Haylie. Always good fun from the top of there to Kilbirnie in a fast bunch.