Sunday 9th December - North vs South?

• Life Members

Hi All,

Current weather forecast for this Sunday is meant to be "sunny", so how about a trip over the river or do we stay on this side of the Clyde?

Can see who turns up then decide or if anyone have any route suggestion? Fire away ........

I'm easy, I just want to pedal :-)

Company welcome as always!

Cheers

Chung

• Life Members
1 hour ago, Codg1e said:

Enjoyed the Kilcreggan run back in October...  how about that again?

40 minutes ago, Iain67 said:

Kilcreggan is good for me, what time at the bridge?

Good shout, Northside Kilcreggan it is then! :-)

Iain & others - 9.30am start & Bridge for 10.10-ish ............

Cheers

• Life Members

Destination sunny Kilcreggan - bunch of 10 riders - Alan (Hendry), Alex, Colin Sale, Colin McPhee, Eric, Glen, Jaki, Iain Carvil/McGinty & myself made steady progress all the way to Helensburgh, where upon Colin M turned back to play in a gig later on the afternoon.

We were joined part way in Helensburgh by 2 of Glen's friends who also are heading to Flanders next April, getting some km in their legs no doubt & introducing themselves to some of us Flanders bound Wheelers too!

What was meant to be a quick cafe stop in Kilcreggan turned out to be anything but, the service was good but it was sloooooooooooow!

A welcome tail wind on the way back up the road, but some mad drivers about which wasn't expected this time of the week but still it didn't spoil the run in good weather for December & good wheels to follow all day!

Kudos to Jaki who haven't been on a bike since early October, she dug in & made it all the way round, chapeau!

Probably a shorter route next Sunday ........... it was dark by the time I rocked up my front door :-/

Thanks again for the company & wheels today

Cheers

Chung

• 2023 Subscriptions

An enjoyable day!  A tad icy on the way out and temp didn't go much above 0C all day - until we left the cafe at a balmy 12C - that didn't last long lol and it was back down to 3/4C all the way home  The foot & glove warmers came in very handy!

Great run, quite long for a winter run and sun was setting upon returning home, but I put this down to the slow service in the cafe, despite giving them a heads up on our impending arrival - we were in there for just over an hour!  Some really poor driving and risk taking by drivers on the usual Helensburgh - Dumbarton stretch but other than that, a great run!  :)

1 hour ago, Iain67 said:

Great day and love a Kilcreggan day out but think we'll need to find a new cafe stop. really enjoyed the day and good to get a solid 70 in the legs

Defo new cafe stop required, although the young lad who works there is entertaining, also the classic line from one of the locals to Eric, “so where are the Johnstone wheelers from?” .....mmmm

• 2023 Subscriptions

I know a new Café Stop for that route.... the Green Kettle, just up from the roundabout at top of Garelochead, would mean doing the whole  Peninsula loop first, but its only an extra 8 miles before the stop... last time I was in I had the best homemade soup ever....