Renfra bunch 1/12

charlie p

• 2023 Subscriptions

1st time this year we had the full grimness of Scottish weather with wet and cold up the coast. However the 14 strong, fast, disciplined and smooth rolling bunch made you forget the weather. It was a Carlsberg day for lights through Greenock and Gourock and I got my 2nd fastest time from westferry to cloch by just a few seconds and I'm sure the day I got the faster one had a screaming tailwind. 

After Largs there were 8 and Galeb joined us during the interlude to keep the pace rolling. I maxed out again by Kilbirnie and bought a ticket on the Galeb train back to Lochwinnoch. 

Hope the many JWCC squadra had a good run back over the Heelie :)

• 2023 Subscriptions

I had bought the super dupa goretex rain jacket. Wore it to inchinnan as a bit of light rain and it was perfect. Decided weather was brighter so put it in my back pocket where it remained while I got a good soaking in to Largs followed by a drop in temperature on way to Kilbirnie. Had to wait ages before my feet were warm enough for a shower. 

Was certainly a fast lick to Largs