Etape du Dales 19 May 2019

• 2024 Subscriptions

Hi Folks

Ill be riding the Etape du Dales next May (19th). I’ve always wanted to do this and earlier this year I got the chance to ride some of the route. It was absolutely stunning and hard. Not as hard as the Fred, but tough nonetheless.

I’ll be riding anyway, but if anyone fancies it then give me a shout. More details:

https://www.etapedudales.org/

• 2024 Subscriptions

Hi Gerard

Plan is to drive down and stay Saturday evening  in YH 6 miles away from start,  ride  the event and drive home Sunday night.

You can check the website link above for more details, but in general it is an awesome, classic, ‘must ride’ route! I’ve ridden parts and it is on par with the lakes and the best of Scotland. It is a tough ride, but not as tough as the Fred.

Currently me and one other confirmed. 2 others interested. Lots of spaces left just now so you have a bit of time to make your mind up.

• 2024 Subscriptions

Guys

For information. Me and Scott have entered and are booked in the YH at Kettlewell for Saturday night. Only private rooms left so if you want to stay there you’d better be quick.

I think rooms of 3 or 4 still available.

Plenty of other accommodation options on the area though.

Cheers

Darryl 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2024 Subscriptions

Hi Carol

That’s great. There’s plenty of time yet, so will be making travel arrangements nearer the time. Myself and 1 other are booked into the Youth Hostel the night before. Might be an idea to think about whether you will be travelling down the same day (early) or staying the Saturday night.

Darryl

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2023 Subscriptions

I got the small double in the Kings Head Inn, Kettlewell.  They offered the standard double too, so I assume it is still available.  Booking.com had very little available so accomodation is getting harder to find.  Still plenty of places left for the actual ride though.

• Life Members
On 11/28/2018 at 11:40 AM, Darryl Gunson said:

Hi Folks

Ill be riding the Etape du Dales next May (19th). I’ve always wanted to do this and earlier this year I got the chance to ride some of the route. It was absolutely stunning and hard. Not as hard as the Fred, but tough nonetheless.

I’ll be riding anyway, but if anyone fancies it then give me a shout. More details:

https://www.etapedudales.org/

What's the best way to detox from cobbles? ............... I know, some hills in the beautiful Dales! icon_rolling_smile

Darryl, that's me entered & booked into same hotel as Gerards at the King's Head for Saturday night ........ I've blagged a place in Gerard's car for me & bike, happy days! Hello,beer!!

It's been a while since my first/last Fred Whitton, I hope signage is better in this event but I really should look where I'm meant to be going this time Stoooopid!

Cheers