Etape du Dales 19 May 2019

• 2023 Subscriptions

That's me booked up for the ride, I'm staying on the Saturday and Sunday nights at the Belk's B&B in Kettlewell (also known as Zarinas) and planning to add the ride on to a visit to family in Yorkshire so I will be making my own travel arrangements nearer the time.

Only 230 of the 1000 places left for the long ride - so they may go soon!

• 2023 Subscriptions
On 1/5/2019 at 4:34 PM, Darryl Gunson said:

Hi Carol

That’s great. There’s plenty of time yet, so will be making travel arrangements nearer the time. Myself and 1 other are booked into the Youth Hostel the night before. Might be an idea to think about whether you will be travelling down the same day (early) or staying the Saturday night.

Darryl

Hi Darryl, That is me all organised, sort of, entered have B&B in Kettlewell booked, travelling down with Gerard ....just the simple task now of getting fit ...mmm ...did I say simple task . Looking forward to it - good to have a focus Carol

• 2023 Subscriptions
On 1/30/2019 at 6:07 PM, Darryl Gunson said:

Hi Ian

Good man. I think Gerard’s car is booked now - could be wrong. Scott and I have not finalised transport yet. Not sure yet if I can take my car. If I do then you’re in. 

I have three passengers so my bike rack is full, but do not be stuck if I can help out in any way.  Just need to get some crayons and juice pouches to keep everyone occupied.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2024 Subscriptions
1 hour ago, Lc1 said:

Hi I would like to do this too.  Can you include me in your numbers.  Thank you 

Hi Linda

That’s great - the more the merrier. You need to enter via their website - link above. I think most are doing the full route except Carol. Most are also staying Saturday night in Kettlewell at the YH or at various inns nearby. 

• 2 months later...

For your interest, the 2019 Road Word Championships are happening in Yorkshire in September. A supporting sportive is being held around that time (22nd September) with some common roads. Here's a side by side comparison of the routes. Both look good, but in my opinion the Etape du Dales is better value (cheaper), more challenging (longer, more climbing) and more interesting. 

Still 64 places left for Etape du Dales, while the Yorkshire sportive is sold out, with only lottery places remaining. Come along - you know it makes sense.

etapdudales_2019wc_comparison.thumb.jpg.2bb9004b8359a1dba81c3298989b0336.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2023 Subscriptions

I am starting to think a bit more about times for organising myself for this, both driving down and getting to the start.  The drive down is about three and a half hours, but with whatever pick ups I am doing to collect everyone I am adding on an extra hour.  We surely want to have a relaxed evening beforehand, so shall we book a table somewhere for dinner?  Once that is agreed I can then let everyone know where and when we can get ourselves and our bikes loaded up.  I certainly have stuff to organise in the morning and I expect others will too so my expectation is to start out at about one o’clock, which should allow plenty of time.  On the morning we have a fifteen minute drive to the start, but I expect no matter what time we aim for parking will not be easy.  I am up for leaving Kettlewell at half seven and hopefully be riding around eight after signing on, a voice of experience will be helpful on this though.  As for returning back, I will let that resolve itself when it happens.  Please let me know what you expect and need so we can organise ourselves.

• 2024 Subscriptions

Hi Gerard 

Agreed - we do not want to rush on Saturday night. I suspect Kettlewell will be busy that night but if you can find a suitable eatery I suggest go ahead and book. I would suggest eating early so as not to be still digesting a heavy meal the next morning.

In the morning parking should not be a problem  - organisers usually have a field.

On 4/30/2019 at 7:48 AM, Darryl Gunson said:

Hi Linda

I have room for one more person but can’t take another  bike. If Gerard can take your bike then I’m happy to take you. 

Best

Darryl

Hi I have booked in for this too I am so excited .Has anyone got room in their car for a little one? If not I will need to follow a car down as I am a bit directionless.  Any help much appreciated. Seeme?Seehappy?

Good morning :grin:

Apologies for the delay in my response still learning to navigare the website.  If you could manage to take me Daryl that would be perfect thabk you. Gerard can take  my bike.  I can bring my bike to you on the Friday if that helps? 

• 2023 Subscriptions
8 hours ago, Lc1 said:

Good morning :grin:

Apologies for the delay in my response still learning to navigare the website.  If you could manage to take me Daryl that would be perfect thabk you. Gerard can take  my bike.  I can bring my bike to you on the Friday if that helps? 

We can arrange that nearer the time.