Sunday 25 th November

• Life Members
24 minutes ago, charlie p said:

Need a volunteer to post run for this Sunday. Chung / Glen/Mcginty??

Charlie, I’ll post something later!

I’m off to Fife the now for some late drop off, so will try & post a route later on tonight & if not definitely tomorrow morning :-/

But I’m the meantime, if anybody have something in mind, post away please!

Cheers

Chung

• 2023 Subscriptions
1 hour ago, chung said:

if anybody have something in mind, post away please!

Chung, if not the Tak (NNE wind forecast for Sunday so would be headwind out possible tailwind back) then how about Ayrshire: cafe stop wind farm... something along these lines (incorporating the 'Winter Segment Challenge' segment too): https://www.strava.com/routes/16260229 ?

• Life Members
4 hours ago, Codg1e said:

Chung, if not the Tak (NNE wind forecast for Sunday so would be headwind out possible tailwind back) then how about Ayrshire: cafe stop wind farm... something along these lines (incorporating the 'Winter Segment Challenge' segment too): https://www.strava.com/routes/16260229 ?

Looks good to me Colin, let’s go with that!

9.30am start for the benefit of the far-flung members (...... Andy etc)

Cheers

• 2023 Subscriptions
10 hours ago, Gummers said:

Hi Colin

Thanks for the strava map. does tour go out via or return via the Bowfield?

Andy

Yeah mate it's going out up the Bowfield.   

We leave from Clubrooms to Brookfield up through Kilbarchan and up Burntshields Rd before dropping down to Howwood and up the Bowfield.  Then from Lugton down to Torranyard, back road to Stewarton and Fenwick, up the A77 (prob better on road than the cycle path?) then cafe stop Wind Farm - if that's closed for whatever reason then there's a further cafe in Eaglesham, (though a tad more expensive than the wind farm).  After that, its through Newton Mearns to Barrhead (nice descent of Aurs Rd) before heading south on Lochlibo Rd and turning right for a final climb of the day - up the Fereneze Rd!  We then drop down into Johnstone via Auchenlodment.

I better put this in my Garmin to keep everyone right on Sunday lol 

• 2023 Subscriptions

Great bunch today!  We met Andy at the bottom of the Bowfield and up we headed towards Lugton at a nice pace, even up the hill!  I was wary incase anyone was getting dropped on the Bowfield but we al stayed together really well!  Little did I know we were already on the receiving end of a nice wee tailwind which as you'd expect turned into a ridiculous, cold-cutting-right-through-you headwind when we turned at Torranyard.

We came out at Cunninghamhead and headed towards Stewarton, before a slight diversion from the planned route to quieter roads, ending at the A77 side of the Clunch Road.  We headed up towards the wind farm into that horrible headwind, and I think it's safe to say we were all very glad the wind farm's visitor centre was open for business (but only one roll left - well done Glen getting in early!) :)

After the cafe stop, we descended into Eaglesham before heading along the Humble Road to Newton Mearns and onto Barrhead where most of us split.  James and I headed up Lochlibo Road passed the Dalek Brae to climb the Fereneze Road, dropping back down into Johnstone via Auchenlodment.

Great morning, slightly shorter route than planned, but plenty climbing! :)  Feeling it in the legs already lol