Anyone for Flanders?

martin

• Life Members
21 minutes ago, Iain67 said:

George/Glen have you guys sorted digs?

Iain, the bunk house we're going to be staying in (which already have been booked) sleeps more than 30, at the moment (excluding Glen's car + riders) we have 16 total of Jets + parents. Therefore, plenty of room left, as Martin said earlier, approx. £100 per person for 2 nights as it stands, but the more people staying, the cheaper it will be per head!

Hope that makes sense!

• 2023 Subscriptions
52 minutes ago, chung said:

Iain, the bunk house we're going to be staying in (which already have been booked) sleeps more than 30, at the moment (excluding Glen's car + riders) we have 16 total of Jets + parents. Therefore, plenty of room left, as Martin said earlier, approx. £100 per person for 2 nights as it stands, but the more people staying, the cheaper it will be per head!

Hope that makes sense!

2 nights? Are we going overnight ferry Thursday and coming home on Monday? 

On 11/25/2018 at 10:08 PM, George said:

That’s great. Can I book a bunk then? Thanks.

So

myself, George, Iain C, driving down, awaiting confirmation from leavy! Also Iain c’s brother in law going direct but will need a bed for the 2 nights

so andy can you book 4 beds for defo and a possible for Paul leavy.

also doing the full route so will get the shuttle to Antwerp 

cheers

• Life Members
1 hour ago, Iain67 said:

thanks Chung, will book later today. You doing the full route or middle one? remember last time I did it, first 40 miles were very boring

The full route is 229km with the first 50 mostly on segregated cycle path as far as you can remember (well, at least from the Brugg start anyway) - You're right, it is rather monotonous but one gets to see/experience/enjoy :-) the typical Flandrian landscape ............... I somehow thought it wasn't bad at all & it went by fairly quickly.

However, I signed up initially with the view to help lend a hand in "shepherding" (more like sucking their wheels) the Jets around, plus I don't really fancy getting up in god forsaken hours to catch the shuttle to Antwerp :-/ ........ hence I'm going for the 174km route! :-)

Either route will have all the climbs & cobble sections anyway, so ........ your choice really, Iain!