11th November - non-drum up Ayrshire run

Hi all,

Probably poor etiquette but don't know if there is any appetite for a normal run at the weekend. The drum-up sounds like a great idea but I would probably pick another time of year to stand around a loch side in cycling gear.

Thinking Torranyard, Benslie, Stewarton type run - café stop may need to be identified but don't know whether Dunlop Diary would be suitable...

Happy enough to go out Saturday if this suits.

Cheers,

Davie

• 2023 Subscriptions
1 hour ago, Codg1e said:

Is route something along these lines...?  https://www.strava.com/routes/16156678

This is a Davie B ride. A magical mystery tour over drovers trails. Prepare to be manky and be told to turn left/right 100 yards after you should have turned left/right.20 times.

cold and wet, not the best day to be out with only a gabba short sleeve top but to be fair it did the trick until the coastal run to Largs and was only cold for a short time. Was perished in the B basket so getting back on the bike was a bit of a relief. Worse than the weather were the drivers along the coast road..beyond bonkers and a reminder of why I generally stick to back roads.

Chung hope you did not suffer too much with the extra miles involved in getting back home and felt a wee bit guilty dragging you so far out. Another reminder to ignore BBC weather.

2 hours ago, DavieB said:

cold and wet, not the best day to be out with only a gabba short sleeve top but to be fair it did the trick until the coastal run to Largs and was only cold for a short time. Was perished in the B basket so getting back on the bike was a bit of a relief. Worse than the weather were the drivers along the coast road..beyond bonkers and a reminder of why I generally stick to back roads.

Chung hope you did not suffer too much with the extra miles involved in getting back home and felt a wee bit guilty dragging you so far out. Another reminder to ignore BBC weather.

Cheers for the route davie, the quick stop at BB was welcome purely to feel my fingers again and  agree worst drivers I have experienced and that saying something. Was good to get out albeit I think the prolonged torrent was probably the worse I have experienced with the highlight around seamill where the wind increased and I am sure it was more light hail stones at the point, magic!!. On the upside I was bone dry under my new purchase!!

Cheers all for trooping on!

• Life Members
5 hours ago, DavieB said:

Don’t be silly Davie!

I somehow enjoyed it ...... :-) like I said to you earlier, sometimes it’s refreshing to pedal in complete wetness :-)

If you want to feel less guilty, then come with us to the Drum-up next Sunday, I’ll promise you sunshine!

Thanks for the run & company today gents ......... and Andy’s large banana :-)

Cheers

• Administrators
2 hours ago, GlenIrving said:

Cheers for the route davie, the quick stop at BB was welcome purely to feel my fingers again and  agree worst drivers I have experienced and that saying something. Was good to get out albeit I think the prolonged torrent was probably the worse I have experienced with the highlight around seamill where the wind increased and I am sure it was more light hail stones at the point, magic!!. On the upside I was bone dry under my new purchase!!

Cheers all for trooping on!

What was the new purchase?

I take it some sort of waterproof.

• 2023 Subscriptions

Despite the rain, which I absolutely hate, today was decent.  I couldn't decide whether or not I wanted to stop at BB as was wary my fingers and feet were going numb so figured it'd be best to head straight up the road before it got any worse.  Sure enough my face started numbing up on the way back passed Kilbirnie as it seems the temperature got a degree or two colder at that point (I have a wee bit of nerve damage so this tends to happen when its cold and wet) so I could barely speak clearly :lol:. Was nice and dry after that though, but still bloody freezing!  My feet were still numb in the bath :lol:

Roll on the drum up!  Long range forecast looks OK, lets hope it stays like that :)