HSBC UK National Trophy Cyclocross Series - Irvine 27th October 2018

PaulL

• 2023 Subscriptions

Hey Paul that’s a shame man. It's cruel that the cross season happens at the same time as man flu season! Been feeling rough this week too but hoping to make the start line. This will probably be that last cross race of the season for me (due to family commitments) so I’m hoping to make the most of it. If I don’t have a cold now, I’ll probably have one by this time tomorrow!

Dave,

Hope you had a blast today I was down at the beach park for a walk earlier on and I saw some of the womens race, the course was holding up extremely well and totally different to last year. A brisk wind all the same...

I saw Cedric was on the start list for the seniors race so good luck tomorrow for him and given the ground conditions he should be able to give it a blast without being too compromised by poor tyres....

• 2023 Subscriptions

great day on sunday, four jets in u14 and u16. Cedric had a great race in the elites , 26th, one behind Gary McDonald and ahead of David Lines, to be fifth Scottish based rider (I think). Certainly seemed fast on his tyres.

Chapeau

• 2023 Subscriptions

I did have a blast Davie, thanks!

My race report for the v40 is, well, I came last!

It was great to be part of the event though. It was a bit different to the SCX races being a full on UCI event. It was cool to rub shoulders with some top riders and chat to people I wouldn’t normal come into contact with in the Scottish series. The full field was gridded at the start. For some reason I got gridded ahead of a few people, so I didn’t feel too out of place at least! With a fully organised grid starting on tarmac, and with a lot of experienced riders, it meant the start was stress free – but really fast. I held on to a larger group at the back for about half a lap and then I was on my own. Lots of shouts for ‘Johnstone’ really helped. I managed to get round, figured out how to ride through the difficult second sand pit, and manage not to throw up once I’d crossed the line. Awesome way to end my cross (very short) season.

Well done Cedric , fantastic ride!