Drum-up 2018 - Sunday 11th Nov (Possibly 18th)

chung

• Life Members

I’m hooking up with Gerard in Erskine & then cycle to Gourock, so will meet everyone at the ferry or on route to it!

Remember to get your ferry tickets at the shop rather than on the ferry, it’s much cheaper!

See you all tomorrow

Cheers

Chung

59 minutes ago, Codg1e said:

I am well up for this but took unwell on Friday evening with a sickness bug, and still don't feel great so I don't think I'll be out.  Going to have a long lie in and if feeling better I'll nip out for an hour or two later in the day.

Have a good one guys!!  

Colin.

Shame Colin, hope you & Glen get well soon!

• 2023 Subscriptions

A cold start with Chung from my house this morning, but a clear day with a great ride was ahead.  Took Old Greenock Road along to the bottom of the Clune to meet Carol, Graham and Dave for the ride along  to the ferry.  At the shop to get ferry tickets another bunch of Wheelers rolled up too.  A sizeable group of cyclist boarded the ferry for the run round to Loch Eck.  It is such a nice road round and there is a welcome break at the top of the climb.  Special mention to Ian for popping up and down the climbs just to check how others were doing after a mechanical.  The campfire is the usual scene of fun with food with the bar being provides by Paul, which allowed a toast to Alex Baird in a setting that he would surely approve of.  A nice steady run back at an easy pace to get our ferry.  A unique run in the calendar in fantastic scenery that is worth the extra effort of loading up the bike a bit and all the more amazing when the sun shines all day.

• 2023 Subscriptions
23 hours ago, martin said:

One of the best club runs going. Weather, roads, company, food and drink all of the highest calibre. And a couple of pints at the sponsor's hoose to round the day off too. 

We should copy this for the whole club run next year. 

PVCC do it last Sunday in June.  I reckon end of May (holiday weekend) could be a good shout?  It's deffo a good day out, just needs a fire team.  Then option to cycle to Strachur to add on some miles, and back again.  Other option is cycling across the bridge non stop to Arrochar and up the Rest, then stopping at drum up on way back towards Dunoon (when you would normally have stopped at Sheila's Diner), but might be tight for time that way unless leaving really early.