Drum-up 2018 - Sunday 11th Nov (Possibly 18th)

chung

• Life Members

Hi All,

It's that time of the year again, folks - yes, the much anticipated Drum-up on the shores of Loch Eck, where everyone pretends to be a contender on master chef, but in reality, there is only ONE - our own Gerard D Hello,beer!!

I have been asked by a few as to if/when this is on!

Obviously it's Geoff & Linda Smith & Iain Lochrane's gig, so I need to find out the details first before confirming. But I would imagine it'll be the coming next Sundays before November ........

As soon as I have confirmation, I will post up to let youse know & you can send of any dietary request to Gerard so he can be well "prepared" .................. I heard lobsters are great for BBQ :grin:

Cheers

• Life Members

Right then, just got latest intel from my sources (Agent Montague, AKA TT Fixed)

The date for the Drum-Up is

Sunday 11th NOVEMBER - time tbc

However, due to previous editions when weather wasn’t exactly ideal, therefore Geoff have proposed a final confirmation of the go ahead of this will be the Tuesday/Wednesday before the Sunday.

If indeed the forecast on the 11th is poor, then the following Sunday 18th will be the alternative, again confirmation on the Tuesday/Wednesday before also!

So, pencil these dates in & watch this space for if/when I have any updates!

Thanks for reading

Cheers

Chung

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2023 Subscriptions
8 hours ago, martin said:

It takes an hour to ride from the Clune to McInroy's point? 

Some of us carry more than an energy bar for this!  I reckon a little bit over half an hour of actual cycling, but there is always a stop at the shop for tickets and supplies.  Rounding it down to 0900h is just simpler, keeps the pace nice and sociable without any pressure to make the ferry.  I will be impressed at any PBs you get, but you can always put that effort in another day.

• 2023 Subscriptions
On 11/16/2018 at 9:39 AM, Gerard Deeley said:

Some of us carry more than an energy bar for this!  I reckon a little bit over half an hour of actual cycling, but there is always a stop at the shop for tickets and supplies.  Rounding it down to 0900h is just simpler, keeps the pace nice and sociable without any pressure to make the ferry.  I will be impressed at any PBs you get, but you can always put that effort in another day.

Not aiming for PB's, just like sleeping that's all. Will see you there.