Sunday Training Ride 14th Oct 9.30am

• 2023 Subscriptions

Galeb, there has been some lobbying in the background. Compromise position is 9.30am at Red Smiddy roundabout, I will be at Houston roundabout 9.20am.

Iain, proposed route is Spango via Westferry, Loch Thom W Kilbride.

A good grind pace. Folks can go as hard as they like on hills. 

Some folks have very sore legs after 2 hrs track today :) except Cedric who is on the Michelin man version of Duracell, he did national hill climb in rain this morning then wiped the floor at the track.

:banana

Me, Paul, Cedric and Gregg for a good 60m fast and smooth paced ride. Enjoyed that thanks for company :)

Cedric had a mechanical not far from Pauls...me and Gregg continued and Paul went for his car for the rescue. Did you guys manage at the end?

Iain you missed out should join next time.

• 2023 Subscriptions

Yip, great run on a fantastic October day. Thanks guys, I was truly at the end of my rope in the last 10k. Saw the Kilkreggan bunch at Houston and they looked very tidy.

Cedric had a 'significant' mechanical between Kilbirnie and Lochwinnoch. His fixie chain wrapped round the rear hub shell, jammed his back wheel and he had a long skid, which shredded through his new tyre. Anyway, went back to get him, repaired to mine for toast and scrambled egg before even looking at his bike as we both knackered. Eventually we went out and got him sorted with a tyre to get him home but he headed back on train to Glasgow Central as the chain looked like it could fail after its exertions. He made it ok.

Loch Thom was pretty special in the Autumn light but not a patch on the utterly stunning view of Arran from West Kilbride with its sunny peaks and shadowy glens. The winter timetable starts in 2 weeks so it game on for the WSA. Just saying like.

• Members
2 hours ago, P McDonald said:

Cedric had a 'significant' mechanical between Kilbirnie and Lochwinnoch. His fixie chain wrapped round the rear hub shell, jammed his back wheel and he had a long skid, which shredded through his new tyre.

The last time I saw a chain ride up behind a fixed sprocket, I also got the chance to watch the owner of said bike bounce along the road. It sounds like Cedric did really well to stay upright. Ohyadancer! Measure the chainline before you get back on, Cedric!