Sunday 14th kilcgreggan - Rosneath - Glen fruin 80ish miles

• Life Members
5 hours ago, Gerard Deeley said:

This looks fun and I have the day off, any idea of the start of the route?  Will it be the bridge?  Will it be the ferry?  Will I have to wait and and see?

Hi G, I would assume 9am start at club room & 9.40-ish meet at bridge, South side!

Can Glen please confirm! :-)

Cheers

• Life Members

Cracking run today with sunshine too!

”Eleven” riders came out to play today - AlanT, Alex, Colin Sales (new member), Gerard, Glen, Iain Couttie, Iain C, Jaki, Tom, Marty & myself formed an orderly Bunch all the way to Kilcreggan with a cafe stop sitting OUTSIDE ...... in October enjoying the food/beverages & the sun of course!

You should see the size of Iain Couttie’s omelette :-) it was the size of me head ..... but it did look delicious though, it must be because it didn’t took him long to finish it :-)

Opted for the more direct route back after Helensburgh, rather than going up Sinclair Street on the return leg, straight down the coast.

Good that we managed to all stayed together until the Bridge whereupon Marty & I headed home via the Westend of Glasgow.

159km by the time I limped home, I’m goosed but a brilliant day on the bike indeed!

Thanks again everyone for the wheels & company!

Cheers

1FF0C2AB-1A20-4B3F-BABC-B531B9C3853E.jpeg

• Life Members
22 minutes ago, ginty001 said:

Where was the cafe stop ?

Iain, it’s the same one we always go to in Kilcreggan, but they’ve actually built this “sitting patio/platform” where one of the parking space use to be, it’s great sitting outside & you’re high up as well looking over the water!

:-)