Amstel Gold 2019

• 2023 Subscriptions
10 minutes ago, Darryl Gunson said:

That’s a great link Davie.

Agreed. Used that very link to plan routes fpr Annecy holiday in 2016. Semnoz, Forclaz great, Arpettaz just sublime. 

Annecy is just the berries too. 

• 2023 Subscriptions

I'm open to all suggestions, mainland Spain, Majorca, Annency , etc .. overall cost will be important, wouldn't mind going for at least 5 nights, but don't want to pay silly money as will have family holiday not long after coming back....

plus points for mainland Spain and Majorca are flight costs/accom and transfers are relatively cheap... where do you fly into for Annency ?

• 2023 Subscriptions

Cool about Spain etc but can we keep thread to the title Amstel Gold 2019... a new post about Spain would be cool as I would be interested and it would make things less confusing. We have 7 signed up so if we get entry  Amstel Gold 2019 will be happening.

• 2023 Subscriptions
4 minutes ago, ginty001 said:

I'm open to all suggestions, mainland Spain, Majorca, Annency , etc .. overall cost will be important, wouldn't mind going for at least 5 nights, but don't want to pay silly money as will have family holiday not long after coming back....

plus points for mainland Spain and Majorca are flight costs/accom and transfers are relatively cheap... where do you fly into for Annency ?

If your looking at economics you have 3 airlines fly to Alicante from Glasgow and one flys to Murcia, New Murcia Airport opens Jan 19 so that may increase , flying out of season so flights should be about £120 return food drink and accommodation is cheaper in this part of Spain compared to the islands 

Beer is about 2.5 /3 euros a pint , most restaurants offer menu of the day from 10/15 euros , coffee and snack at bars 2 euros .

Roads are good enough for Valverde and plenty of options from pan flat to lumpy , but not alpine 

• Life Members
36 minutes ago, PaulL said:

Cool about Spain etc but can we keep thread to the title Amstel Gold 2019... a new post about Spain would be cool as I would be interested and it would make things less confusing. We have 7 signed up so if we get entry  Amstel Gold 2019 will be happening.

Paul, who’s going so far?

Any cobbles in AG?

Ta

• Life Members
47 minutes ago, PaulL said:

8So far for Amstel Gold preregistration

Paul Mc, David C, Eric, Davie B, Tom H, Iain Carvill, George and myself 

If you don't register you won't get entry... we still may not get entry :grin:

Thanks Paul, so you put your registration in but are not 100% guarantee an entry, is it like a lottery system? The event must be very over subscribe then ........ similar to Ride London?

Will watch this thread with interest!

Cheers

• 2023 Subscriptions
59 minutes ago, chung said:

Thanks Paul, so you put your registration in but are not 100% guarantee an entry, is it like a lottery system? The event must be very over subscribe then ........ similar to Ride London?

Will watch this thread with interest!

Cheers

Yeah like rude London. We have entered as a team. If you need on team I can email you a link. Hopefully we get in but lots to do if not(Flanders) but afaik no cobbles compared to other classics

• 2023 Subscriptions

Had a chat with Davie C and Eric and we will be going even if we dont get entry. We will be saling from Newcastle on the Thursday and back on the Monday and will be staying in B&B Aan de Cauberg in Valkenburg. Hopefully we get entry but if not we will have a nice view of the finish from our hotel!! 

• Members
On 10/17/2018 at 12:39 PM, #harto said:

Guys

why not try mainland Spain Murcia, Orihuela costas roads are great weather is fantastic and you can train on the same roads as the WC plus beer is cheap 

Easy to get to plenty of options from Glasgow 

And we could have a BBQ at Chez #harto Ohyadancer! 

• 2023 Subscriptions
On 10/18/2018 at 10:01 AM, PaulL said:

8So far for Amstel Gold preregistration

Paul Mc, David C, Eric, Davie B, Tom H, Iain Carvill, George and myself 

If you don't register you won't get entry... we still may not get entry :grin:

I said I wasn’t going to do anything next year but......!! Never done a spring classic and keen for this. Paul, can I pm you my email address to sign up with JWCC team?

Ramsay keen to come out as support crew and maybe join us for a few miles over the weekend if the knee holds up over winter. 

If anybody else is interested in this I suggest they organise the trip sooner rather than later as you may literally miss the boat.......accomodation in Valkenberg also seems to be at a premium however I am not too sure whether this is just the booking type web sites trying to manipulate the market.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2023 Subscriptions
On 11/11/2018 at 5:55 PM, P McDonald said:

I am counting myself out of this one as it is Easter weekend. One for the future though when it does not clash. Have fun folks.

:banana

Ah thats a pity Paul, Roubaix again?? ;) 

Thats me paid up! but not sure about the Implications 

image.png.48ad0ed146394ce9721647f806ed054f.png

It implies nothing of the kind, good Sir...