Amstel Gold 2019

• 2023 Subscriptions

Elaine's great write up of 2018 adventures got me thinking about 2019 and time to start planning. And I actually thought about something other than the mythical DA.

So, the Amstel Gold Sportive is the day before the Pro race and is on Saturday 20th April. Various distances but I was thinking of the 240km route with 30 or so of the short and sharp listed climbs. And of course finishing up the very famous Cauberg, the scene of Philippe Gilberts finest moment.

I was thinking of something along the lines of getting there by Friday pm latest or maybe Thursday to ensure time to reassemble and ride bike before Saturday, arriving in Lille at 9pm the night before Paris Roubaix this year when we had to assemble bikes and leave by 4am was just a wee bit tight !

Pro Race Sunday, return Monday or Sunday night.

Anyone else up for this trip ?

• 2023 Subscriptions

What took you so long?? :grin: I'm up for this! I would like to be returning on the Monday after I drink Paul McDonalds weight in beer(I'm far to heavy) and watch the Pros!

However you need to register your interest before the 31st october 2018. I set up a Team named JWCC so we are all on same start etc. and you dont end up having to do the event on your own(3 peaks me 2017) anyone interested just post your email and I can send you an invite to the Team and it will supposedly increase they chance of us getting an entry. You dont need to pay to register just enters us into a ballot.

The only way to guarantee entry is do it as a business and pay 110euro each...

So if interested send me your email wait for invite... register and we wait till November... easy 

ROUTE: 240Km  Here

***It would also be great to see all the JWCC Groups on this trip as there are routes for all abilities and to be honest I'm going for the Atmosphere, Race and the Beer :) and its only in Holland! Route Lengths are 60km/100km/125km/150km/200km/240km  

2052325-43041987-2560-1440.jpg

• 2023 Subscriptions
On 10/8/2018 at 11:24 AM, PaulL said:

What took you so long?? :grin: I'm up for this! I would like to be returning on the Monday after I drink Paul McDonalds weight in beer(I'm far to heavy) and watch the Pros!

However you need to register your interest before the 31st october 2018. I set up a Team named JWCC so we are all on same start etc. and you dont end up having to do the event on your own(3 peaks me 2017) anyone interested just post your email and I can send you an invite to the Team and it will supposedly increase they chance of us getting an entry. You dont need to pay to register just enters us into a ballot.

The only way to guarantee entry is do it as a business and pay 110euro each...

So if interested send me your email wait for invite... register and we wait till November... easy 

ROUTE: 240Km  Here

***It would also be great to see all the JWCC Groups on this trip as there are routes for all abilities and to be honest I'm going for the Atmosphere, Race and the Beer :) and its only in Holland! Route Lengths are 60km/100km/125km/150km/200km/240km  

2052325-43041987-2560-1440.jpg

Not being a beer drinker, I probably could not manage the (skinny git.... just jealous) Paul McD’s weight. But I do like a challenge! 

Not so keen on the 20% climbs but how hard can it be? It’s only 3000m climbing in 240km. 

PaulL send me the link. Tomfhill at Mac dot com.

• Members

agree George, i'll be taking my industrial ear protectors if tractor mcginty is coming. Promise not too fart so much this time Charlie....

Ferry sound good Paul, means we can get Bladdered on the way over. 

Tom 3000 meters of climbing, a mere bump in the road to us Marmottens.... Joking of course1

On ‎10‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 8:44 PM, Iain67 said:

just chucking it out there, any interest in Majorca in Sept?

Iain, I will definitely be up for another trip and not interested in a sportive TBH. I was checking out Annecy as somewhere different and it looks cracking with a mixture of hilly and coastal lake rides. May be a bit more expensive in terms of the social life but as we have not yet entered post Brexit dystopia I still have disposable income. Only concern is the blue passport queue at arrivals may take a day or so to clear. Have not got round to looking at travel logistics but aim to do so in the next week or so.

Check it out ....https://www.cycling-challenge.com/top-5-cycling-climbs-lake-annecy/

• 2023 Subscriptions
On 10/14/2018 at 8:44 PM, Iain67 said:

just chucking it out there, any interest in Majorca in Sept?

8 hours ago, Darryl Gunson said:

Interested in a trip somewhere sunny and lovely and Majorca is great, as is Annecy. September is a problem for me though as students are back then.

fancy something sunny too, like Darryl September's not ideal.. would be up for something May or early June

• 2024 Subscriptions
11 hours ago, DavieB said:

Iain, I will definitely be up for another trip and not interested in a sportive TBH. I was checking out Annecy as somewhere different and it looks cracking with a mixture of hilly and coastal lake rides. May be a bit more expensive in terms of the social life but as we have not yet entered post Brexit dystopia I still have disposable income. Only concern is the blue passport queue at arrivals may take a day or so to clear. Have not got round to looking at travel logistics but aim to do so in the next week or so.

Check it out ....https://www.cycling-challenge.com/top-5-cycling-climbs-lake-annecy/

That’s a great link Davie.