Callendar Park Cyclo-Cross - SCX2

PaulL

• 2023 Subscriptions
1 hour ago, Dave W said:

I'll be there. After a week of man flu it's going to be interesting! Thats my excuse!

Is anyone planning to ride the National Trophy? Just noticed my entry has been accepted, yikes!

My Excuse is better and worth at least 3 places :grin: 

National Trophy for sure... might even get on TV in my skin suit.... nice ComewithmetotheCasbah.

• 2023 Subscriptions

These are subject to Change 

U8 Girls Race 09:45
U8 Boys Race 09:45
U12 Girls Race 10:05
U12 Boys Race 10:05
U14 Girls Race 10:30
U14 Boys Race 10:30
U16 Girls Race 10:30
U16 Boys 10:30
Senior Women Race 11:15
Junior Women Race 11:15
Veteran Women Race 11:15
Veteran Men 50+ 12:15
Junior Men Race 12:15
Veteran Men 40-49 13:15    
Senior Men Race 14:30    

Re. national trophy do you not need a full BC licence to take part and will probably get hassled for wearing a skin suit that should not be allowed in the sake of common decency  is a couple of years out of date.

It's bad enough having to pay anything to BC so unless you can race on provisional licence its a no go for me. My original reason for not entering was the course is a brute and I would likely be lapped by the end of (my) 2nd lap given that more elite racers will be there but saw on FB that they are looking for any old dross to make up the numbers.

• 2023 Subscriptions

A great day out in Callendar, counted 6 wheelers and numerous Jets(Jet Jamie took 2nd place??) very techincal course  with lots of mud and off camber. Big Kudos to John for his first cross race on the wrong tyres/shoes and never having watched a cross race... true wheelers preparation :grin: Cedric also made a return to cross and started of really strong in the top 10 in the first lap but as the course degraded his tyres grip let him down and he struggled to stay upright at his pace, a bike change at the last few laps saw him return to form and take back a stack of places, I predict great things from Zed!  Good to see Sam riding the Seniors as well. In the V40 Davie B looked real good and never saw him all race, Dave W passed me a few laps in and never saw him again as I suffered from Berlin Belly(a real disease).... worst result for me since I started cross but had a blast and managed to stay mostly upright. I might have to start riding my bike in between races Whaur'stheparty,then? Top day with a lot of laughs

20181007_101841.jpg

20181007_123648.jpg