Gonnae let me play with your WHEELS :-)

chung

• 2023 Subscriptions
On 10/2/2018 at 11:52 AM, chung said:

The need to ride our winter bike is upon us & it would make sense/good practice to examining your summer wheels to see if it needs some TLC before storage or winter ones so to face the harsh road conditions of winter.

Can you fix mtb wheels as well?

• Life Members
10 minutes ago, martin said:

Can you fix mtb wheels as well?

Hi Martin,

To be honest, I’ve never worked on one before, but I’d imagine it won’t be that different to road wheels???? 

Would it?

Front or rear? What’s wrong with it?

Cheers

• 2023 Subscriptions
17 minutes ago, chung said:

Hi Martin,

To be honest, I’ve never worked on one before, but I’d imagine it won’t be that different to road wheels???? 

Would it?

Front or rear? What’s wrong with it?

Cheers

Its a front wheel with a loose hub - I imagine a bearing might be away. Will send you a photo. 

Would be grateful if you fancy having a wee pop at it, especially as Mr Dooley has just pulled down the shutters for a 2 week holiday. 

• Life Members
24 minutes ago, martin said:

Its a front wheel with a loose hub - I imagine a bearing might be away. Will send you a photo. 

Would be grateful if you fancy having a wee pop at it, especially as Mr Dooley has just pulled down the shutters for a 2 week holiday. 

Martin, I’ll send you a text!

Cheers

• Life Members
38 minutes ago, Iain67 said:

Great news Chung, do you do puncture repairs? Seriously I may have some wheels by their sell by dates....

Iain, what do you mean by "......puncture repairs" ................. Tyres that needs repair? .......... "their sell by date"????

If it's bike stuff that is old & tatty but can still be "salvagable" or good for butchering for spare parts, then I usually take them to a local Glasgow base bike Charity:

https://www.bikeforgood.org.uk/locations/glasgow-west-community-hub/

As far as I know, our very own Alan Thomson is about to start volunteering work at this place :-)

Cheers