Relieving professionals of KOMs

Alan McLean

• Committee

Hi

Some of the local climbs have been totally bossed by Quick Step etc on Strava. I am looking at The Full Carruthmuir aka. Phil's Folly and I've seen others.

can I suggest that during the winter gales (we'll need storm force tailwinds ) we make club efforts to get one of these back.

I would like to imagine Wout van Aert or GVA receiving the "Uh oh, Galeb/Paul/Ian has just taken your KOM etc..." message. (I would also like to think they might just pop back to regain their Kom). Perhaps they weren't really trying but I think they were.

I will volunteer to lead out for, oooh, first 20 seconds.

Anyone got a list of likely segments?

Alan

• 2023 Subscriptions
On 9/16/2018 at 8:49 AM, Alan McLean said:

yes indeed. Something must be done. By somebody. Bonkers tailwind (I mean really insane) plus five hardy guys on a paceline might just do it. I'll bet that's what Quick Step did, they probably targeted the Kilmacolm-Lochwinnoch road all year.

Is today windy enough Alan?

• 2023 Subscriptions

I had a go too but a bit slower at 4:12 (and  412 watts so i dont have much more to give).

looking at it on the map you would think a north westerly would be the best wind and provide a tail wind all the way up it, however the trees provide quite a lot of shelter particularly for the bottom part so a north easterly is probably the best - side tail for part of it then a tail wind for the finish.