Sunday 16 th September

• Life Members

Hi All,

Like Charlie said, a lot of folks will be over at Rothesay, so the regulars will be some what missing, but I'm still keen to get out, likewise with a few I've spoken to!

So, I will be at the clubroom for 9am start, no idea where we're going, open to suggestion (can I just say that we've been to Largs 3 times for the last 4 weeks :-)) ......... weather forecast for Sunday a bit iffy at the moment, hopefully it'll improve & see who turns up then, eh!

Please post if you fancy a soaking :-)

Cheers

Chung

• Life Members
1 hour ago, DavidC said:

Hi Chung

I will be out on Sunday, please take it easy on me, not been out for a few weeks:)

......... Says the man who rode the Marmotte a few weeks ago ...... didn’t knew you were that funny, David :-)

Brilliant, see you on Sunday David!

Cheers

• Life Members
2 minutes ago, DavieB said:

Chung,

I will hope to be out for a bit on the Sunday as long as it is not absolutely chucking it down.

Would prefer to stay on local roads so if you are headed to the dark side of the bridge let me know and I will do my own thing.

Davie, happy to do the back roads (I’m sure the rest will be likewise) that you’re familiar with, no problem!

The one you lead a few weeks back was great ........ think we ended up with Cafe in Stewarton - some good surface & quiet roads, happy to do it again!

See you on Sunday, yeah!

Cheers

• 2023 Subscriptions

I' miss on taxi-ing duties this weekend. Maybe get out for about 11 to do some local, lumpy miles if the weathers not too bad. Otherwise, it could be an essential maintenance sort of day.

• Life Members

Despite the forecast, there was still 5 who met & started at the clubroom this morning - Davie B, David C, Glen, Martin & myself :-)

A rough idea of where we were heading was agreed & we set off in search of quiet back roads lead by Martin - via Bowfield, Lugton (where Davie departed as he was taken it easy after yesterday's Cross race over in Rothsay), Uplawmoor, Stewarton for a café stop, then over to Kilwinning, back on the cycle track at Glengarnock for a ride back to Johnstone!

Strong head wind in most places, lots of debris on the "farm roads" hence the 5 punctures between the 4 of us, everyone had their mis-fortune, that includes me as well :-(

But that didn't dampen our spirit as even the sun made several brief appearance through-out the day!

A good day on the bike despite the many punctures, some new roads for me & 122km by the time I got home ........ I'm knackered!

Thanks guys for the company & wheels, more of the same please for next Sunday's Whole Club run, looking forward to it!

Cheers