Joe Brunetti Hill Clmb championship, Sunday 7th October

AlanT

• 2023 Subscriptions

Ladies and gentlemen, the final confined event of the season, the Joe Brunetti Hill Climb championship. This is a whole club event, with the Elliston Castle Road being closed for the duration of the event, so a good turnout is appreciated.

In recent years the main club has gone off first, then stayed around afterwards to cheer on the Jets, and this year should be no exception. Following the event, riders can go off on runs to suit their ability and leg conditions.

First rider off at 10:30, registration from 10:00

Please note that I have a copy of the Road Closure notice, which I will be putting up on site in the coming week.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Life Members

Hi Alan,

I'll come along to help if required, if not I'll just shout encouragement on the side  :-)

(Marty) Martin McDonald - he was a Wheeler for a few years but moved back to New Zealand a couple of years ago, is back in Glasgow for a visit & are keen to come say hello.

I told him its fine for him to ride too, but just won't be counted in the competition. Is that OK, if it's not then he said that's fine too!

Also, would it be OK to post a shortish ride after the event? Maybe just over to Stewart for a cafe stop or something less strenuous.

Cheers

• 2023 Subscriptions

Well done to everyone for turning out on a dreadful morning, especially Marc and Galeb, who missed their start slot and didn't get to ride. Never pleasant, but even less so today. 

Big thanks to Chung and Alan McLean for timekeeping, to Colin for holding, and to Martin for bringing along the easi-up for shelter.

Full results will be posted in due course, but I think I may have set a new personal worst today.