2 September club run

• 2023 Subscriptions

The whole club run is scheduled for 23rd September, although if I had gotten my act together earlier, it would have been an excellent opportunity for one.

• 2023 Subscriptions

Guys why 12mph it was cold and wet yet we cycled at 12mph FFS if this is what we’re going to be doing please let me know as I have no intention of cycling in a bunch that slow, and will go out on my own or go with Paul Galeb ( for a while) We are supposed to be the longer faster bunch , which is a stupid name for a bunch. But today we were the very slow boring cold bunch 

• 2023 Subscriptions

Thanks to all for turning up for photos. Sponsor very happy & posting photos on his site & hopefully will get article in local papers.

campbell sorry just seen your post 

billy my fault for slower speed along Torr Road. Boyd Dave & carol had hoped to join us for a bit. You missed a good ride after that and normal service was resumed with Couttie intent on giving us all a kicking

• 2023 Subscriptions

Billy, the title of the thread was clubrun and I said ro Charlie when we were waiting for the video start in the carpark at Amaretto that we would come as far as  Kilburnie. As it turned out we let the bunch go at Phil's folly after Torr Road. Thanks for the pull along guys and thanks to Charlie for organising the all inclusive photo shoot. 

Dave

• 2023 Subscriptions
37 minutes ago, Dave C said:

Billy, the title of the thread was clubrun and I said ro Charlie when we were waiting for the video start in the carpark at Amaretto that we would come as far as  Kilburnie. As it turned out we let the bunch go at Phil's folly after Torr Road. Thanks for the pull along guys and thanks to Charlie for organising the all inclusive photo shoot. 

Dave

No it wasn’t no mention of all groups together, if there was I might have put on warmer clothing, even so 12mph is a walk with your bike not a ride on your bike, it was too wet and cold for a slow group ride 

• 2023 Subscriptions

It’s not that anybody spoiled my ride it’s just all about sticking to plan / route or whatever if I knew it was going to be a more relaxed ride would have put suitable clothes on , but even so 12mph is slow on a flat road .

If I knew it was going to be what it was I honestly wouldn’t have got up early to do it 

• 2023 Subscriptions

Great to see so many this morning. Sure the pictures will be great even with Billy's crumpled coupon :)Just for info, Galeb and I gave it full beans up the coast and at one point in the exposed headwind we were doing 15.5mph. 

Also great to see one of JWCC's finest for a few miles at Greenock, Katrina Hair (Hamilton). Looking lean and fit as always.

Another weekend, another Galeb 'pacey' 50 miler, another pure banger.

:banana

• 2023 Subscriptions
19 minutes ago, martin said:

Looks good and looking forward to seeing you all on the Amaretto page. Sorry wasn't able to join, was helping at Kenny's sprintfest at SCHV. Danny better looking than me anyway. 

But not a wheeler 

• 2023 Subscriptions
46 minutes ago, Moi said:

Also selfies during the bunch ride , half the bunch can’t stay upright with both hands on the bars never mind one hand , and taking a photo , please stop it 

Fair point but i wasnt doing it in the bunch - i was off the back about 2 bike lengths no danger to anyone. Photo is cropped and zoomed in

• 2023 Subscriptions

Billy, u really need to get out on the 'pacey' 50 miler to get rid of all your 'energy'

Get yourself to top of whin ahead of the those more disposed to the rolling start then you can blooter up the coast until you can't tell left from right :banana

Its really great fun, honest.

• 2023 Subscriptions
1 hour ago, thejanullrichdietplan said:

Fair point but i wasnt doing it in the bunch - i was off the back about 2 bike lengths no danger to anyone. Photo is cropped and zoomed in

Didn’t know you were there where did you take it as don’t think I was in the bunch so none of my business 

• 2023 Subscriptions
27 minutes ago, Moi said:

Didn’t know you were there where did you take it as don’t think I was in the bunch so none of my business 

Was near Kilmacolm just before joining the cycletrack

The bunch rolled off from Amaretto while Jess was fixing a puncture we didnt catch up until Largs.