Sunday 19th August transmitter hill/ troon

• 2023 Subscriptions

clubrooms 9 am bowfield lugton Dunlop stewarton fenwick Moscow then rolling route to bottom of cemetery hill then transmitter hill Galston symington Troon Kilwinning then Renfra bunch route to lugton then how wood johnstone

plenty of bail out options

who in?

please no posts offering another route on a different day. If it’s raining bring a waterproof

• 2023 Subscriptions

Well there was mutiny on the bunch. Darryl took command and took us to Troon the fast way avoiding the hills apologies to mark & Al who tried to join us en route. Turned out to be a great day and thoroughly enjoyable. 

Away to France next weekend so someone else needs to post route & don’t worry taking Darryl to France with me so will be no changes to posted route

• 2024 Subscriptions

All of this is true but I think there was a consensus about the change of route. Sometimes you have to be flexible according to conditions. Turned out to be a good choice with fast roads, a bit of a wheel about,  coffee stop, hills...and beer:grin:

• 2023 Subscriptions

Thoroughly enjoyed today's run, good to be wheeling about for a wee while too. And on that point, must say thanks to all the main bunchers for letting me sit in earlier in the year while I looked for a pair of legs :-)

enjoy your Pyrenean adventure all. 

Spent a half hour to 40 mins shuttling between Fenwick and Stewarton in anticipation of meeting the bunch or having it rattle past me. Al Yuille passed me twice - en route to Stewarton and then again on his return from Dunlop. 

I realised that something had gone amiss, perhaps multiple punctures or an off on wet roads. I now learn it was Brigadier Gunson leading an in bunch revolt for the want of a coffee shop. Changed days indeed. 

I'm quite relaxed about this but All's face was a picture when he passed me for the 2nd time.

• 2024 Subscriptions

If we’d  known you were planning an ambush then of course we would have waited or kept to the route. Same for Al. But I didn’t see any post here this morning so we (the bunch) felt free to adopt a route better suited to the group and the road conditions. Would have been good to meet up. Post up next time Mark.

• 2023 Subscriptions
18 hours ago, charlie p said:

Well there was mutiny on the bunch. Darryl took command and took us to Troon the fast way avoiding the hills apologies to mark & Al who tried to join us en route. Turned out to be a great day and thoroughly enjoyable. 

Away to France next weekend so someone else needs to post route & don’t worry taking Darryl to France with me so will be no changes to posted route

Unless he changes the Marmotte route to pass Amaretto....

• Committee

I have recently used the iPhone Find Friends app to stalk and ambush the bunch while following Chung. Highly recommended. Just takes swapping of phone numbers.

So long as the stalker and stalkee are in phone range you can follow and ambush.

You can stalk/be stalked for predetermined time so you're not followed the day after.

Of course if your mate straps their phone to a plane like in Con Air then all kinds of hilarious misunderstandings might occur.