Sunday 12th August Bunch Run & Euro Champ Men's RR spectating :-)

• Life Members

Hi All,

Not sure if anyone is keen to catch some of this Sunday's men's Euro Champ RR after a bike ride!

We did this a few years ago when Glasgow hosted the Commonwealth Games, the plan could be as follows:

Clubroom 9am start - over the Bridge - Dumbarton - Balloch - Cycle Route 7 - Croftamie - Dryman - Pipe Track - Aberfoyle - Lake of Monteith - Arnprior - ToTW - Fintry - Crow (yippie) - Milngarvie - Westend of Glasgow!

Potential viewing location - Gt George Street (Climb), Gibson Street, Montrose Street (climb) etc ........ of course other places are available.

Race starts 10.30am, 14km long circuit, 16 laps = 230km, so I guess plenty of time to catch the race after our run, but it could get busy as it gets later on the day. The race will probably finish around 4pm.

Anyone interested?

Cheers

Chung

• Life Members
20 minutes ago, Alan McLean said:

I am working but could meet in West end. Probably on shopping bike so will bring saltire and cowbells.

Dr. McLean, that’s great!

I’ll WhatsApp/text you when/where we eventually settle down to watch the race!

I have a mobile number for you which ends 283, is that still the case?

Cheers

On 8/7/2018 at 5:28 PM, Richard said:

There were signs out this morning for a full road closure between Craighat and Croftamie over the weekend:

https://www.tellmescotland.gov.uk/notices/stirling/traffic/00000183189

You'll be able to get round it by nipping onto the A811 near Croftamie.

I’m in, you can pass the roads fine as did them yesterday workers were happy to let us through however that may have changed. 

Either way see you at 9am

I'm planning on a trip to Glasgow on the Sunday to just watch the race, easy to see various parts of it strolling round and plenty of pubs for pit stops as required.

Anybody else of a similar mind?

Sorry Chung - clear thread hijack but as Billy has already rained on your parade clear precedent has been set.

• Life Members

The weather will hopefully get better & improve ...... I have faith :-)

Worst comes to worst, we can do what we did 4 years ago when watching the Commonwealth Games road race of the same route & the weather was awful on the day as well.

We camped ourselves in a pub/cafe on Gibson Street, put the BBC live broadcast on the iPhone, when the peloton gets near, we all rushed out to cheers them on, once they’ve past, dive back inside etc. repeat thereafter :-) ....... that worked quite well & we even rode the circuit afterwards :-)

Cheers

• Life Members

See youse all 9am at the club room, for those meeting at the bridge - 9.40-ish I guess!

Goes without saying, a cycling cap would be great for keeping the sprays off your eyes & waterproof cape “if” it rains!

Please put on your Sunday best of Joansin’s blue/yellow, so we can show off the club colour on the road side on what is a global racing event that best showcase our people/city/country (even if it’s wet) ! :-)

Really looking forward to it!

Cheers

Chung

• Committee

Chung, yes you have correct phone ending 283.

Unless I am stuck at work OR torrential rain I hope to  be in West end from around 12.

Just saw gva on the telly. He must be staying at Gleddoch or Mar Hall. Will ride in via Bishy tomorrow in final attempt to be selected for Belgian tean.