Wednesday 27 th

charlie p

• 2024 Subscriptions

Another super ride on the  Cowal. Ian H towed us down to the ferry and he was so good that we made the earlier boat! 

On the Cowal the usual Tarzan/ C11 (Ballochondrain) route to Kames was followed. Lunch at our new adopted cafe ; the old post office on the corner) and then back to Hunter’s Quay via the Kyles of Bute. 

Weather was scorching and good acclimatisation for the Pyrenees. Pints at Amaretto were well deserved, and Glenn dropped by as well.

Worth mentioning that we bumped into Al and Richard who were on a mission to ride onto the Kintyre Peninsula. Wonder how they got on?

Made it round Darryl. Bit of a wait at Portavadie as we just missed the ferry due to riding too slowly after we met you lot! Nice 2 up along loch Fyne to Ardrishaig ( 20th overall I think ) where we turned along the Crinan canal path. Avoided most of the main Oban rd before turning off for Ford and the east side of Loch Awe. Beautiful riding through the trees with some great views of Ben  Cruachan before heading back up and over to Inveraray. As time was pushing on we decided to ride back on the main road instead of heading down by Strachur and  loch Eck  for the ferry. Unfortunately this meant back over the Rest ! Another tough 20 odd mile 2 up got us to Arrochar with Richard pulling well up the “false flat”  with great views of Ben Ime ( apparently).  As we were now pretty tired we decided to ride down Lomond side on the track/ old road which was as a relief as we had to slow down !  I needed a bit of a break at Balloch and persuaded Richard to go to MacDonalds where  I wolfed down a meal deal before polishing off most of Richards cos he is an athlete and struggled to get his down. On through Bonhill , the track and Dumbarton rd for home. I had no Garmin with me and my phone went flat somewhere outside Inveraray. Richard had 203 miles when we went our seperate ways. I would however point out that I rode over and back from Shawlands as well ( sorry Rich ). Left the house at 0530, back at 2215 - I reckon over 330km for me - new PR ( but if it’s not on Strava!)  Great day out and thanks  to Richard who rode very strongly all day ( I thought he was a trackie )