*Alex Baird* - Sad News

GlenIrving

9 hours ago, GlenIrving said:

Alex’s funeral will be on Friday 22nd at 10.30 at Clydebank Crematorium.  Anne just waiting  confirmation from amaretto. There will be no dress code, no black tie required.  Anne also happy with club kit, ride out or wherever anyone feels they want to do..so I’ll leave that up to you chaps 

will confirm amaretto as soon as I here and post up

Hi all, 

just met up with Anne, and on reflection would appreciate attending with NO KIT or CYCLE/ RIDE THROUGH etc. Dress code as above, no black tie required, if you can pass this to others please would be appreciated, anyone needing a lift I can take 4 if anyone needing transport there from Houston, bridge of weir area??

cheers

Hi Glen 

Just catching up with this thread, I have forwarded on some pictures of Alex to Ian McT who is far more capable of getting them sent to you in the right format. Unfortunately I fly out to Portugal on Thursday morning and will not be able to attend the funeral.  Devastated that I won't be in attendance but please pass on my condolences to Anne and family.

Regards 

Alan

• 2023 Subscriptions

It was a lovely service for a top guy.

I dropped off Darryl at the Houston inn along with Richie P & Wee Gary.  They seemed keen to live la vida loca in downtown Houston.

Saw Eric & Dave C heading that way so no doubt The Houston Globe will have scandalous front page headlines this morning.

Alex would have approved.

#straightouttaHouston

• 2023 Subscriptions

That posse headed to Amaretto’s where I met them after being out on the bike. 

The service really was beautiful, and there was a due celebration of Alex’s life afterwards. It looked like a session was developing by the time I wobbled off.