*Alex Baird* - Sad News

GlenIrving

Thanks for all the photos chaps I will start to put together and  get a proof posted up if I can figure how to do it, will probably not get printed till after my Spain trip. 

Photos look fab unfortunately never got to ride with Alex in the wheelers but luckily rode with him pre wheelers when he wasn’t so bloody fast!!

Cheers

• 2023 Subscriptions

Spoke to Richie, Garry and Gregg from the Couriers today they hope to attend and Richie asked if a group was planning to ride to it?  He mentioned he’d been to a couple of funerals of cyclists and their clubmates had attended by bike. Maybe a nice thing to do? Or maybe guys turning up in lycra would be disrespectful, i dont know!

• Committee

I met first Alex when our sons played football together about twelve years ago. We were neighbours in Kilmacolm before the family moved to Houston. At that time he was lived on a diet of business lunches and weighed about 17 stone.  He was always a very generous and nice guy. It was super to see him  develop on the bike. First time I knew he was serious was when his son told me that Alex had taken my Strava segment on West Glen Road! (It was a long time ago).  The actual bike riding is trivial but the friendships and shared experiences are very real and Alex will be a much missed part of the bunch.

This is a terrible loss and I hope to join to join club members at the funeral. Thanks to Glen for keeping us up to date.

Alex’s funeral will be on Friday 22nd at 10.30 at Clydebank Crematorium.  Anne just waiting  confirmation from amaretto. There will be no dress code, no black tie required.  Anne also happy with club kit, ride out or wherever anyone feels they want to do..so I’ll leave that up to you chaps 

will confirm amaretto as soon as I here and post up