Sunday 20th May

• 2024 Subscriptions

How about the classic Dunoon run? 

Across the bridge; Helensburgh; Arrochar; The Rest; Strachur, lunch a Sheila’s Diner; Hunters Quay; Home via the Clune; optional refreshments at Amaretto; Home. 

Roughly 100 miles all in and not too difficult. Thinking possibly a bit earlier because of the mileage:  8.15 at clubrooms; 9.00 at the bridge.

Post if coming.

• 2023 Subscriptions
29 minutes ago, Bashed Up Bison said:

Did someone mention Sheila’s diner? Forecast is good so might even get to sit outside and soak up some passive fag smoke from those rough biker types.

Biker gangs aren't as menacing as they used to be....just dont have the same sense of danger

shielas.JPG.4791fbb47472fe04e86e9939133b3a5f.JPG

• Committee

Working. But may I be the 85th person to point out that we rode this on Saturday under blue skies and I fell in love with argyll all over again. 

As well as breaking etiquette by posting my non attendance I'll also point out that it is much nicer to reach loch long via Balloch, duck bay and Glen Fruin than the road through Helensburgh.

Martin, you will not need to bail out because your mates will get you home. That is why we are a club.

• 2023 Subscriptions
2 hours ago, Alan McLean said:

Working. But may I be the 85th person to point out that we rode this on Saturday under blue skies and I fell in love with argyll all over again. 

As well as breaking etiquette by posting my non attendance I'll also point out that it is much nicer to reach loch long via Balloch, duck bay and Glen Fruin than the road through Helensburgh.

Martin, you will not need to bail out because your mates will get you home. That is why we are a club.

Alan , yes we are a club but you forget one salient point , which is

NOBODY LIKES MARTIN 

so we will stick it in up to the hilt and twist it, 

only kidding Martin it will be a doddle for you pan flat after the rest 

• 2024 Subscriptions

All valid points re route and deviations. For this run - perhaps the first 100 miler this year for some ( me certainly) - I’m inclined to  stick to the ‘classic’ route, which means going through Helensburgh up the new Whistlefield etc. My reasoning is that it is easier for the group to function as a group because it isn’t too challenging terrain and there are  good roads for two abreast riding. 

If we keep this up, then longer and/or more challenging rides can be tackled.

Ohyadancer!

• 2023 Subscriptions
2 hours ago, Moi said:

Alan , yes we are a club but you forget one salient point , which is

NOBODY LIKES MARTIN 

so we will stick it in up to the hilt and twist it, 

only kidding Martin it will be a doddle for you pan flat after the rest 

:lol: With support like that how can I say no? See you Sunday.