League of 10 #2, 2nd May

AlanT

• 2023 Subscriptions

Number 2 in the series, and the final Wednesday night event, 7:00 for 7:15 off, riders and volunteers required please.

I will not be there as I have a work thing on.

Don't you hate it when work gets in the way of cycling....

• 2023 Subscriptions
8 hours ago, Ian Archibald said:

I hope to come along and bring a triathlete friend. Hope she can be allowed to ride? She's a great wee rider. Jesse v2.

Don't see a difficulty unless she tells us she's a first claim member somewhere else.

• 2023 Subscriptions
13 minutes ago, Ian Archibald said:

Pressure is 996mb. Fantastic low pressure. Shame about the wind but if you pace it right there could still be a quickish time tonight.

I have a 2gb hard drive I could bring along if it helps? 

Low pressure is good, but the air density tonight is sitting at 1.2345 kg/m³ which i quite high so i'm expecting a slow time due to weather conditions

• 2023 Subscriptions
1 minute ago, PaulL said:

I have a 2gb hard drive I could bring along if it helps? 

Low pressure is good, but the air density tonight is sitting at 1.2345 kg/m³ which i quite high so i'm expecting a slow time due to weather conditions

You got an air density meter? I need one of these. Or is there a website?

• 2023 Subscriptions

Will try to make it along

Incidentally what are the rules for the chocolate series? My entire winter training focus has been on going fast enough over 7.2 miles for the chance to win some chocolate, but slow enough over 10 miles that i dont get disqualified :D  If i get under 26 minutes does that mean a DQ?

• 2023 Subscriptions
59 minutes ago, thejanullrichdietplan said:

Will try to make it along

Incidentally what are the rules for the chocolate series? My entire winter training focus has been on going fast enough over 7.2 miles for the chance to win some chocolate, but slow enough over 10 miles that i dont get disqualified :D  If i get under 26 minutes does that mean a DQ?

From memory some peole who have won the Chocolate have got sub 26mins on westferry in same year... just not previously

• 2023 Subscriptions

The handicap is based on your best 10 time coming into the season. If you don’t have a 10 time I apply a ‘standard’ time of 26 minutes and work it out from there.  If you subsequently go under 26 minutes on a 10, that’s carried over to next season. You do not get DQ’d unless you have a hidden motor or other unsporting advantages.  Being fast on a bike does not qualify as an unsporting advantage.