League of 10 #1, 25th April

AlanT

• 2023 Subscriptions

The last of the Wednesday night series, 6:30 for 6:45 off. Usual volunteers required please.

I intend to ride, but I have some work stuff on and might struggle to get there on time.

• 2023 Subscriptions

Umm, partially correct. It is the Westferry but it's still Wednesday.

So, 10 miles of pain, 6:30 meet for 6:45 off. Meet at the car park at the roundabout where the old A8 meets Greenock Road at the bottom of Bishopton Hill

• AlanT changed the title to League of 10 #1, 25th April
  • AlanT featured and unfeatured this topic
  • Members

I hope to ride, though won't know if I can till nearer the time. :-/

Alan, I'm no' stirring for the sake of it  - I really appreciate your efforts organising the calendar and posting up events. With regard to the start time, however, I don't mind admitting that l'm increasingly uncomfortable riding on the Westferry at that time of night when there's only a handful of riders. Even at 7 o'clock there's an awful lot of traffic between the slip at the start and Woodhall. I can clearly remember a couple of sketchy early-start rides over the last two years, the worst of which I suspect Emma remembers, too.

I liked the later start time we used at the end of last year - I felt safer. Even at the tail-end of April, with sunset at quarter-to-nine, I'd rather start late and ride part of the way home with lights on. I suspect I'll be in the minority on this one, but thought it was worth mentioning anyway.

Thanks a lot.

• 2023 Subscriptions

Noted Richard. Next week sees it moving back another 15 minutes for two weeks, then moving again fortnightly until we've got a 7:30 off.

• 2023 Subscriptions

Risk Assessment for this week. All riders and helpers are encouraged to read this.

Still don't know if I'm going to be there either riding or helping since I've got a work thing on and may well be back late.

pdf 20180423 JWCC Risk Assessment - Westferry 10.pdf

• Members

Four riders on a dry but bitterly cold, very windy night. Times in the order they went off:

Joseph - 28:50 (PB)

Scott - 26:36

James - 24:11

Billy - 23:43

£9 to be transferred to the club's account in a minute. Big thanks to Alan T for haudin' up.

Good efforts on a hard night, guys. The next one's bound to be easier.