Renfrew summer bunch

thejanullrichdietplan

• 2023 Subscriptions

Same route once at the red smiddy but starts in Renfrew (although a lot will join along the route like in Bishoption to avoid some of the stop start stuff at the beginning plus miss out Bishy hill). A lot will take the Heggies short cut but there is a regroup at top of the Clune. No intermediate sprint and stuff like that but a sprint at the finish.

There are faster riders out so there are parts of the ride it can be really hard, but IME it is usually easier than a Thursday night. 

2 minutes ago, thejanullrichdietplan said:

Same route once at the red smiddy but starts in Renfrew (although a lot will join along the route like in Bishoption to avoid some of the stop start stuff at the beginning plus miss out Bishy hill). A lot will take the Heggies short cut but there is a regroup at top of the Clune. No intermediate sprint and stuff like that but a sprint at the finish.

There are faster riders out so there are parts of the ride it can be really hard, but IME it is usually easier than a Thursday night. 

Thanks jan. I might try and come along to a few of these to. 

In in other news I was sure I passed a sign at about the red smiddy advising of road works starting yesterday. Not sure as it was raining pretty bad. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2023 Subscriptions

5 from the wheelers tonight - Galeb, Ian, Jess, Cedric and me.

Was raining for about 10 minutes after leaving Renfrew and that got everyone soaked as not many had waterproofs or overshoes.  Georgetown was pretty rapid, leadout needs some practice but not a bad first attempt.

45 minutes ago, P McDonald said:

Anyone for bogs bunch Tuesday night?

I might be free tomorrow night - whats the script with the Bogs then Paul? similar to our own chainy? I think Jan was saying that folk tend to sit in a bit more and not everyone works?