Restricted Gear TT, Sunday 11th March

AlanT

• 2023 Subscriptions

Once again, it's the start of the Confined Event TT series. This is the first trophy of the season up for grabs to the fastest rider on the day.

2 laps of a hilly route with some challenging turns and a terrific descent. An excellent introduction to time trialling for beginners, as well as a decent warm up for the more experienced.

There will be a short ride down to Castle Semple after the run for tea and scones, those with pointy hats riding at the front

As normal, there will be a £3 entry fee, payable on the day, the proceeds going towards the costs of the awards at the end of the season.

The course:

http://www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/651582320

Please note that the start point has been moved to the duck pond where parking is better and traffic is slower. This should make the start a little safer for everyone.

Meet at the start at 09:45 ready for first rider off at 10:00.

I will drive the route on Friday night to ensure that it is clear of snow and ice.

I do not intend to defend my title on this race as I have not yet fully recovered from fatal manflu, so I will be there to hold or timekeep. 1 more volunteer is required for officiating.

I will post the Risk Assessment on Friday.

I will bring some cable ties.

and finally, it is Mothers Day, so don't forget to take your mum some flowers after the race.

• 2023 Subscriptions

That's why I'm planning to drive round the course on Friday. I know that the uphill section immediately after turn 3 is very poor for about 50m,  but I need to look at the rest of it,

• 2023 Subscriptions
10 hours ago, Galeb said:

How can I sign up for this, just turn up? And what is the restriction on the gears?

Cheers

You aren’t allowed to use gears. Have to ride your bike like a hobby horse.

• 2023 Subscriptions

Richard is correct. It has been run with just the big ring tied off, or for those with electronic shifters, the battery removed from the front mech.

• 2023 Subscriptions

Not for DI2 your not , can’t remove a battery for the Mech and unless you have insertion / removal tool you shouldn’t just pull them out 

Anyway not that it concerns me as won’t be riding road is too rough 

• 2023 Subscriptions

Galeb 

The times I have ridden this you get a cable tie on your big ring , which usually shows the signs of a chain if you use it re where you are in the block don’t think anybody checks or works out gear ratios 

• 2023 Subscriptions

Galeb, a cable tie will be put on the big chainring, like Billy says, and you are free to use the entire block. It's not like we're competing for places in Team Scotland, and if you are, we're grateful that you choose to ride with the joansin.

• 2023 Subscriptions

The Risk Assessment for Sunday. Parts of the road are very poor for short sections. I wouldn't be using my good carbon wheels if was taking part.

I've also advised Tandleview stables that we have an event on, and could they please be aware that there will be cyclists whizzing past the access road to their premises between 10 and 11.

Well, it's only a slight exaggeration.

I plan to swing past the clubhouse at around 08:45 for a leisurely ride up to the start point.

Finally, it would be really good to have a few more taking part.

PDF 20180309 JWCC Risk Assessment - Gateside Circuit.pdf

• 2023 Subscriptions

Inexplicably, the forecast for Sunday is looking good, with positive temperatures and dry.

And that's without the sacrificial chickens.

• AlanT featured, unfeatured and locked this topic