Sunday 25th Feb Reliability Run #4

AlanT

• 2023 Subscriptions

The fourth and final of the 2018 Reliability rides, West Kilbride, 72 miles, is on Sunday 25th February.

All rides will leave from clubrooms on Miller Street.

As per previous years, there will be three bunches with the slower bunch leaving at 9:00am, the second bunch leaving at 9:30am and the racers leaving at 9:45am.

The route http://www.mapmyride.com/sc/victoria-english-river/reliability-no-4-west-kilbride-route-14021498

Shorter options are available, the 9 o'clock bunch may choose to cut a few corners off the route and go out via the Kilmacolm cyclepath and return via Haylie Brae, that would cut the route down to about 52 miles.

Tea, coffee, soup, rolls, cakes will be served in the clubrooms at the end of the ride, donations of food gratefully accepted, please indicate what you will be bringing in your posting. If you haven't brought any food to the reliabilities this is your last chance this year! Thanks to those who have contributed previously.

As well as the refreshments, the awards for season 2017 will be presented following the run, so we do need a good turn out for the run and for the awards. There is a list elsewhere about who we would really like to see this week

Can we please have a keyholder to open the clubrooms prior to the first run departing.

A volunteer please to open the club rooms for each bunch, heat the soup, etc. for this week.

Replaced chain and cassette on the winter bike but noticed the derailer was sticking so i tried to loosen it off but it was bonded tight it started to loosen but after one turned the hanger snapped.. I then tried to replace the hanger but the tiny stainless screws are bonded solid.

So i hope to be out but if i am it will be on the summer bike.   Gutted

• Life Members

Reliability, Reliability, Reliability!

Bummer Ryan, well at least this didn’t happen while you were out on the road :-/

Sounds like you need a new bike :-) ......... Nae, only kidding! ;-)

A new rear mech hanger for you then, I always have a spare hanger (or 2) for each & everyone of my bikes, exactly for situations like this, you don’t want to be hunting around for these sometimes hard to get parts. It also works well when you try to sell the frame to at a later date, what with spares to attract potential buyers, shows you care!

As for putting on your new hanger, make sure you apply anti-seize compounds to minimise your current issue next time. That’s an area with lots of sprays especially with your race blade mudguards :-(

Good luck & hope your bike is road worthy very soon!

cheers