Sunday 18th Reliability #3 Sinclair Street

AlanT

13 hours ago, Gummers said:

Now planning to cycle in tomorrow to meet 0930 Bunch at Morrisons so no chocolateyloveliness from me tomorrow. Hope this is enough notice to get over the bad news. 

In fairness I plan to rectify this injustice for Reliability #4

I'll be there at 9.

• 2024 Subscriptions

Splendid run today with the 9.30/45 group. Good steady pace with group staying together until the last climb from Langbank.  

Special thankyou to Alan for dragging himself out of his sickbed and for waiting at the end with a much appreciated pot of curried parsnip soup. Thanks Alan, and to all who took part.

• Life Members

Cracking Reliability run #3 today, thanks for the wheels everyone!

2nd puncture in 3 days for me, not good, hope that's my bad luck done now for a while! Thanks to Charlie & David C's kind assistance & spare tube offered just in case I had another one :-) (luckily didn't need it)

Sorry to part with the Bunch just before the Bridge & skipping the clubroom social, hope everyone got home without too much problems!

Good to catch up with folks that I've not seen for a while & meeting Rachid :-)

Cheers

Chung

• 2023 Subscriptions
2 hours ago, DavidC said:

Shambles this morning. No key holder to let Alan t into club room.

Alan thanks for taking my cakes, possibility they will be out of date b4 next Sunday, so enjoy them.

They're hanging up in the gents, still in the rucksack

• 2023 Subscriptions

Probably the largest JWCC bunch so far in 2018 headed out and enjoyed a good Reliability run, a few early mechanicals in the bunch duly fixed and Sinclair Street conquered. On the path towards Balloch Rachid hit the deck once his wheels slipped in deep leaves and mud, I had nowhere to go but over the bars and landing in a heap with both bikes, no real damage done! Steady pace thereafter with no more  issues and home in a steady drizzle. Well done to all.

• Members

Enjoyed the run out today with the 9:00 bunch who I met on the George town. Decent steady pace but could not face the coffee stop in Balloch then back out in the cold, so decided do do solo run back to Johnstone. Bloody Baltic in club rooms , so hopefully get the boiler fixed soon. Cheers for the Soup Ala and to Mrs ,  most welcomed part of the day.