Winter Bogs

P McDonald

• 2023 Subscriptions

8 hardies for the winter opener with me and Jan from wheelers. Weather atrocious after Gourock and it became a serious MTFU day. Pure banger all the same. There were 5 hammers and 2 or 3 nails today. I was one of the nails and got a comprehensive kicking. Got to Beith and small ringed it home. Always a pleasure to get back into some hard cycling !:)

• 2023 Subscriptions

Good to get the first one done, i'd like to think the weather wont get much worse for the rest of the winter than it was along the coast today...but i suspect it will at some point - same wind, same rain but 10 degrees colder!

Gregg came off on the Bowfield descent - there has been a bit of resurfacing and either the new tar or new white lines are a bit slippy. So worth taking care going down it for the next few weeks as it is on one of the corners. He seems to be ok managed to cycle home

• 2023 Subscriptions

For anyone considering it the bunch today was about the most disciplined through and off I've had the pleasure of riding for such a distance. Stable pace, no nicking it up, everyone working and rolling through like a metronome. And it stayed that way to Dalry and beyond. Then it fell apart a bit but hey ho life would be boring otherwise !!

So if ever you want to join please do so, it's perfectly OK to turn off wherever you want or sit at the back if you want.

Big wheeler presence today with Doc MacLean, Marc, Jan, Darryl, Robster and I all present at some point.

Ohyadancer!

• 2023 Subscriptions

Sore but good. Think this bunch needs to cool it's jets a little bit ! Through and off from start which was (mostly) kept sensible, then pretty full on from Gourock to whenever you popped. Bunch had diminished from about 12 to 6 by Gourock, 6 became 3 in the course of last 5km. 

Ohyadancer!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2023 Subscriptions

Didn't venture out either with big sleety raindrops and ice when I was due to leave at 9am. Had joy of of 2x20 mins instead :)

good call Iain, will see later, methinks your setting up a pseudo reliability run. You thinking a 10ish depart?