Winter Bogs

P McDonald

• Committee

Great bonkers thread. Tomorrow I will be mainly going up a hill on skis or crampons or something footish.

That is the correct thing to do after a big snow dump and freeze.

I have realised that although I do really like cycling, Paul really, really, really likes cycling. Good luck guys, we’ll find your bodies in the spring thaw.

• 2023 Subscriptions

Solid 70+ miles up and down the coast today. Weather was magnificent from Gourock. Cycling through hefty slush on Bishy drag mind you. 4 up TTT from westferry to Largs with Cedric, Galeb and Joanne. Met Eric at Largs and we awarded ourselves a proper coffee stop. Then had a 5 up back to Bishopton.

Feel sorry for those did not mtfu :) they missed a banger.

AnD the big new is there are 2 more eminently capable and eminently motivated riders up for the WSA and DA. Joanne and Galeb. Whilst he didn't say it, it is clear Eric could also do this, he's just hiding his form under a bushel for now.

Ohyadancer!

• 2023 Subscriptions

Started at sea level from Woodhall roundabout in the hope of avoiding ice and snow.... so was pleased to find probably the only usable road in the west on our usual coastal route to Largs. Solo for much of the way but knew there would be a small bunch following on, met Scott Newman to help share the work from Skelmorlie into Largs. The bunch of Paul, Joanne, Cedric and Galeb duly turned up and after a welcome coffee break we re-routed back up the coast with a strong and steady through and off. Great weather, stunning views of the Clyde coast and another good workout, thanks to all.