Marmotte Pyrenees 26/08/18

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2023 Subscriptions

thought i'd cheer myself up since it's Monday morning, and I hate Mondays....

the Bealach Na Ba is 9.1km @ average 7%

including only the specified Climbs, Tourmalet 18k @ 7.4%, Ancizan [email protected]%, Aspin 12k@ 6 %, Tourmalet fae the other side 17k@ 7.5% and Ardiden 14.7k@ 7%, we will undertake 78.7km of climbing at average 6.48%... basically give or take half a percent, it'll be like climbing the Bealach Na Ba 8.6 times one after the other ..

anyone got a training plan :shock::shock:

• 2023 Subscriptions
11 minutes ago, Moi said:

One problem you have 30k gradual climb from Argles that’s not included , the Tormalet second assent is harder than the first and average is low only because the first few km are 4/6 % and lastly Luiz is hard when your fresh it has some 13% ramps and a long section at over 10 but it’s only or 9 times longer than what you say 

as if I wasn't feeling bad enough Billy :oops::oops:

• Members

Gents is there any desire to get Jerseys made up for our Marmotte trip? I can check out costs and get input on colours but the French Flag is a must. Let me know and if there is interest I can check it out. Any idea where you got the Nova Coli jerseys?

• 2023 Subscriptions

John, welcome aboard ....

assuming you’re on the same flight as us it will be £34 for the minibus hire... when I booked it we had 12 names in the hat so I divided by 12 which came to £34 each, however we only have 10 confirmed and paid so that’s ideal .. 

• 2023 Subscriptions

John/Couttie,

Are you guys sorting your own digs?

Only 5 beds in the place I booked and all occupied.  The  owner will not permit any couch surfing.

I had a look on Airbnb and there are still 2 bed places nearby.  My group are staying in Boo Silhen and Angel of the mountains McDonald is in Argeles Gazost.

• 2023 Subscriptions
11 minutes ago, Bashed Up Bison said:

John/Couttie,

Are you guys sorting your own digs?

Only 5 beds in the place I booked and all occupied.  The  owner will not permit any couch surfing.

I had a look on Airbnb and there are still 2 bed places nearby.  My group are staying in Boo Silhen and Angel of the mountains McDonald is in Argeles Gazost.

I thought the original 2 sets of digs had catered for 12, as that was the original amount who intimated they were going.. if we count John and Coutts that brings us up to 12 ?

• Members

I hope you don’t think I’m being anti-social, especially being a newbie to JWCC and also gate crashing this party at the last minute, however, I prefer my own space, i.e. to be able to snore and fart, which is guaranteed after a few beers, without worrying about waking anyone else up.  I’m also a light sleeper so room sharing, let alone bed sharing, would end up with 4 nights of no sleep for me.

I’ve therefore managed to book a 3 bedroom apartment in Argelès Gazost via AirBnB.

https://www.airbnb.co.uk/rooms/16226019

Taking Billy’s lead, I  nominate myself as my own house captain and am commandeering the room with the double bed for sole occupancy.

That leaves 2 other rooms each with 2 single beds in them.  Happy to split the cost of the apartment per room (approx. £110) so if someone wants a room to themselves in a single bed it’s £110 with a spare bed to tuck your bike into.  However, if you want to share a room with someone else and have a single bed each then split the cost between you, £55 each.

If everyone is happy with the exiting arrangements that’s not a problem, I’ll just take the hit on paying for the full property and rattle around it. 

Hopefully this will give us all a bit more space and flexibility, especially if others decided to come at the last minute.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.