Welcome to The Bunch v2.0
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Irvine CX

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

Moi

Moi

Switching to the Big Ring

• Members
  • 1,730 posts
Race reports guys
The only true wisdom is knowing you know nothing

Alpine Bison

Alpine Bison

The Invisible Bison

• Members
  • 1,397 posts
Fell off twice and snapped my chain in warm up.

Then fell off twice, while going uphill, during race.

Great fun tho.
  • iain couttie likes this

Alpine Bison

Alpine Bison

The Invisible Bison

• Members
  • 1,397 posts

Race reports guys

& if you spent less time on social media & more time doing stuff you could have been there

Alan McLean

Alan McLean

• Members
  • 2,713 posts
  • LocationRenfrewshire

Martin, Duncan, me and , I think Mike, in the V50 race. Pretty dry so I actually raced the off camber sections instead of just surviving them like last year. Unfortunately everyone else found it rideable too so I continue to slide down the rankings. The course had a few tweaks and was tremendous fun with some velodrome-like cambered curves ie on-camber (is that a even a phrase?) which made for swoopy fast riding. The sand claimed me once but again was pretty rideable. Duncan had rear puncture in first 200m which was a tad unfair, no idea of placings.

We stayed to watch Davie, Paul and George in the dads' race and Marc in the babies's race which was led by Grant Ferguson, elite, who was one of the few riding up the famous mental slope. One of the best races to spectate across the open dunes and especially the sand trap.

Nice weather, no rain, this might catch on.

Alan McLean

Alan McLean

• Members
  • 2,713 posts
  • LocationRenfrewshire

Do we have a Wheeler called John who would be prepared to race cx in V40s? I would love a race report on John, Paul and George.

• duncan thomson likes this

Darryl Gunson

Darryl Gunson

• Members
  • 3,533 posts
  • LocationElderslie
Should be able to rusltle up a John, Alan. It's the scarcity of Ringos that might spoil itπŸ˜…
  • duncan thomson and chung like this

chung

chung

• Members
  • 1,603 posts
  • LocationNewton Mearns

Should be able to rusltle up a John, Alan. It's the scarcity of Ringos that might spoil it

Darryl, what about a cycling gRingo? Still hard to find one in our club though :-)
  • Darryl Gunson likes this

PaulL

PaulL

• Members
  • 1,183 posts
Great turn out by the Wheelers and Jets. V50s looked strong as usual. I managed a good start for a change and went out hard and lost my legs on last 2 laps I finished somewhere in the top 40 but mylaps shows a DNF! always something πŸ˜‚ Well done to George on first outing and for Davie for finishing on the legendary Chinacross bike. Has to be the best CX course in Scotland!
  • iain couttie, Alpine Bison, EricL and 1 other like this

Res Firma Mitescere Nescit 

thejanullrichdietplan

thejanullrichdietplan

• Members
  • 1,759 posts

Well done

Alan McLean

Alan McLean

• Members
  • 2,713 posts
  • LocationRenfrewshire

whoa, Mylaps>Sporthive timing website has lots of new graphics to tell me exactly how much I suck at cross, suckiest lap, and comparison finish times with less sucky people.

• stevie likes this

DavieB

DavieB

• Members
  • 1,371 posts
  • LocationGlengarnock
A wee birds told me I was the only V40 to finish and that riding Cycling Weakly's bike of the year.

Cheers Paul it was certainly an experience and saved a DNS. Reckon would have been OK with just front brake on my own bike as you probably only dabbed the brakes a couple of times a lap.
  • iain couttie likes this

P McDonald

P McDonald

• Members
  • 4,409 posts
  • LocationLochwinnoch
Well done to the JWCC team XC

:banana
  • PaulL likes this
DA Vets - more members sought for ultra exclusive Club

duncan thomson

duncan thomson

• Members
  • 593 posts
  • Locationkilmacolm

i was great* for the first third of a lap, then squirrely rear tyre, rapidly progressing to flat, shouldered bike and had the field go past. So much for tubs  :icon_butting_comp

* for great, read not last!

• PaulL likes this

Darryl Gunson

Darryl Gunson

• Members
  • 3,533 posts
  • LocationElderslie
Well done all you crossers.

Richard

Richard

• Members
  • 1,542 posts
  • LocationGlasgow

https://photos.googl...mlLeFRyeGM1Rzh3

Foties.

DavieB

DavieB

• Members
  • 1,371 posts
  • LocationGlengarnock

Paul, Alan - from coaches corner shoulder the bike.

Geo - ditch the socks.

Mul - a picture speaks a thousand words - concentration, focus, poise.....

Borland - photographer must have changed to a fish eye lens or skin suit cut is wrong.......flaming Pactimo. Nice bike! 

• duncan thomson and PaulL like this

PaulL

PaulL

• Members
  • 1,183 posts

Cheers Davie, I'm blaming the grips or lack of on my shoes ;) On a better note Scottish cycling have recalled my DQ as they found a video of me being lapped just as lead riders took the flag #saganshouldhaveusedmylawyers 

• charlie p likes this

Res Firma Mitescere Nescit 

DavieB

DavieB

• Members
  • 1,371 posts
  • LocationGlengarnock

Aye I couldn't quite work out how you could not have crossed the line as I met you about 20m past it when I finished it......the comms guy had a wee glint in his eye when he said the reason for DQ and I must admit I had a laugh myself.

• PaulL likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users