Saturday 24th

P McDonald

• 2023 Subscriptions

For those not on FB, just to mention there is a mixed bunch of riders leaving Erskine Bridge 0830 Saturday for a Dunoon run via Hells Glen and Loch Tarzan. 110 miles bridge to bridge. Me , Alan, Alex, Richie, Scott, Jesse etc so far

:)

• 2023 Subscriptions

7 of us had a truly excellent and pretty tough shift today, effectively head or cross head wind from bridge to Dunoon. And a cameo appearance from big Al from Glen Fruin to Arrochar. We were very lucky to dodge almost all the showers. Chapeau lADs, Alex, Robbie, Marc, Richie, Scott and Cedric Ohyadancer!

• 2023 Subscriptions

Yes Paul belter, though I would upgrade the 'Pretty tough' to a Very tough! My skinny legs can't cope with 30+mph headwinds!

100 miles 6000ft at 19+mph in that wind, DA form or not El Capitano?

Very good question Robbie. Not an exact comparison as we were not on a steady pace mission today and there was a bit of a habble out of hells Glen and then Strachur to diner. However to answer question best I can, the power output required from each rider from bridge to Top of rest is on a par with DA. I don't do power meters yet so my answer is gut feel but I think pretty much nearer right than wrong. The critical point is that DA is 112 miles, bridge to top of rest is not. That's the bad news bit. The good news is that IMHO you are a definite officer candidate for DA provided it is a low wind day ( sorry if that sounds a bit brutal just saying what I honestly think and I know you well enough ! ). Given the SA performance you put in last year in low wind conditions when me and the retired and fat Alan did the DA then it's on for August. Or maybe a sneaky July attempt if enough people around and a float day.

Ohyadancer!