Crit on the Campus

Gummers

• 2023 Subscriptions

Excellent weather in Stirling today for some good racing. Managed to catch the Youth A. Johnstone Jets distinguished themselves and Mul looking like a very happy chappy.

I was 4th cat race 1. Some strong guys in my Bunch including Gary MacDonald and James Tree. I was well up in front group until lap 3. Two guys right in front of me bumped into each other on downhill chicane so I took evasive action doing a CX across to exit corner. 10 seconds might as well be a year. Got into chasing group of 8 or so. Happy with my positioning and cornering overall. 25th place and happy enough with a decent training session.

When I left Paul L the other fighting Irish was looking like he was having a good race!

Andy

• 2023 Subscriptions

Really Fun day! Sun and Carbon wheels are a good mix. I was pretty chilled coming into race, with no real expectations, bit too chilled as I took a practice lap before my race when there was none and started at the back of pack. Struggled to get near front and when break came was behind about 10 riders off and couldn’t make gap. We had a group of about 20 but only 4 of us putting turns in front(even after some polite requests). Finished mid 20s I think.. had a blast, top fun.

Gummers looking real strong riding on the front the first few laps. The Jets super strong as usual with some great results. Jan was going well in the 3/4 really fast race but he looked out of position when the split came. I left just before Jess finished and she was in front group with 6-8 other riders with a big gap, I would put money she finished top as she looked really strong.

Thanks Martin and Jets for rollers and Support, great showing from the club

• 2023 Subscriptions

Some great weather and hard racing. I made a bit of an arse of things -  id lined up on the front row but somehow managed to go frin the front row to last row before the race even started :D After that was burning matches closing down gaps rather than burning matches moving up the field. There was a split in the lead group midway through the race - no use blaming anyone but myself here, if i had been further up the group i'd have been alright. But i wasn't. Went past the guys that lost the wheel and pegged it at a few metres for a lap or two but couldnt close it then it started going out again. 3 of us chasing  then eventually catching some others that were dropped then some others further back.  Finished 22nd, i think there was about 20 in the lead group. Enjoyable day but also a bit frustrating too.

Jess was 3rd (and best 4th cat). Looked the strongest in the womens race, but riding against those with lots more experience so got mugged on the last lap. 3rd is still a great result though. Jess Millar did really well too - possibly first junior.