Lake of Menteith APR

Colin McPhee

Started out in group 2 with James the only other wheeler in group 1. Unfortunately he came off when riders in front touched wheels not long after the start. Spoke to him after and a bit sore but bike ok and probably a bit of bruising and small bit of road rash otherwise ok. Group 2 going well but fairly small so more of a chain gang effort for 1st lap anyway. Some old heads in the group helped and the riding was nice and smooth for the best part. Started to feel it on the 2nd lap so strategically sat in to recover a bit before upping it again across Flanders moss was comfortable in the group but were caught by Greg O's group going over the top of Flanders moss. Held on to the increase in pace until about the last 5 k when unfortunately took a bit of cramp so lesson there ! Andy Gumley won the booby prize for group 2. (Drawn at random) Was going to collect it for u Andy but they quickly gave it to someone else as you didn't make it Good luck to guys at Fenwick on Sunday

• 2023 Subscriptions

Started in group 1. Bit disorganised early on and tried to get some organisation. Slight split after first small climb after hump back bridge. On fast descent one of the youngster who was going through cut over too early and hit the boy on the inside causing him to go down. He took the boy out on the outside in front of me. No where to go. Straight into the back of them and over the top. Guy behind went over as well. Checked my garmin which shows 31.9mph!!

Left leg a bit gashed and road rash to to shoulder, arm and back really sore. Not sure if cracked ribs on my back. Need to get bike in for repair though