Audax 2017

• 1 month later...
  • 2024 Subscriptions

No warning lol. Audax rides have to be within a range of speeds (not sure of numbers but not fast) so there's no need to go fast. Not sure as I don't normally ride them, but I think if you get to the check point too fast, or too slow, then the ride is invalidated. If this is right maybe it only applies to those who need/want the official stamps for award purposes...But I suspect that Audax pace might be slower than Main Bunch.

• Life Members

Darryl,

Myself, Campbell & Big Al rode the last time it was on getting a very late entry, it was quite a relax affair.

They weren't really any "check points" or cards that need to be stamped, apart from Graham's feed station at Fintry after the Crow. The cafe/bunk house near Inversnaid was a good stop with great deal on soup & sandwich :-)

As for the pace, as far as I remembered, some of the riders certainly don't hang about, especially at the start :-0

Nowadays, It seems that it's not just the big saddle bag brigade :-) that rides these event anymore. You get folks with very minimal kit on carbon race machines going for it too!

That was the last one I rode & haven't ridden one for a while, maybe it's not the case anymore, but I doubt it :-)

I quite fancy this too, but Big Al has posted a mega Bunch ride to Campbeltown the next day (Sunday 18th) which I fancy doing as well ............ decisions, decisions!

Anyway, have a blast on the day & I remember enjoying the vegetarian curry in the end back at the HQ :-) ........... all that for £9.50, you canna beat it!

Cheers

Chung